Zack was born in Washington, D.C. on May 3. Growing up, he found a deep appreciation for music - everything from rap to rock 'n' rollers like Elton John and Billy Joel. His favorite, though, was hip hop, since he found it easiest to dance to.
Zack and the other Rangers lamented the absence of their missing comrade, Tommy Oliver, the Green, sixth Ranger, while battling one of Rita's monsters, Apocalyptopus. They destroyed the monster by combining their weapons into the Power Blaster.
When Zordon and Alpha 5 had finally tracked down Tommy after he morphed, they saw him fighting four mutant turtles on a rooftop in New York City, and assuming they were Rita's monsters, jumped into the fray to help Tommy.
Powers and abilities
- Hiphopkido: Hiphopkido is a dance-based martial art that Zack himself created. Its name is based on the Korean martial art of hapkido.
- Athleticism: Zack is the fastest sprinter on Angel Grove High School's track team.
- Intuition: Zack usually makes important decisions based on his gut feelings.
Weapons and equipment
- Power Morpher and Power Coin: Zack utilizes the Power Morpher, with the mastodon Power Coin, to transform into the Blue Ranger.
- Power Axe: The Power Axe is a single-bladed axe which hides a cannon in its handle. It functions as the main firing component of the Power Blaster when combined with the other Rangers' weapons.
- Blade Blaster: The Blade Blaster is a transformable weapon which can go from a handheld laser gun to a dagger.
- Zack Taylor at RangerWiki