What's Michelangelo Good For? is a season 4 episode of the 1987-1996 series.
The Turtles are on a visit to the zoo, so that Dr. Jane Goodfellow can give veterinary treatment to Michelangelo's pigeon friend Pete. After the examination, Michelangelo sets off on his own while the other Turtles head home. However the other three turtles get kidnapped by robots created by Dr. Lesseau. The robots take the TMNT to an island near the zoo where Dr. Lesseau is awaiting their arrival. Dr. Lesseau is a scientist who is using his robots to steal animals from the zoo. He is experimenting on them to create a single animal with the best traits of all animals combined to conquer the world with. The mad Doc wants the Turtles for their brains.
Michelangelo returns to the lair and finds the others missing. Splinter tells him that he had had a vision of an island while meditating and believes the other Turtles are in danger. Splinter sends Michelangelo to search for them even after he tells his master he has no idea where to start looking for them. When Michelangelo arrives at the place where the Turtles were taken, he finds Pete waiting for him. Pete tells him what happened to the other Turtles. Just then Dr. Jane Goodfellow shows up. She is trying to find out who is taking the animals from the zoo. Michelangelo tells her about the disappearance of the other Turtles and the three of them set off to find the Turtles and the missing animals from the zoo. Using the zoo's boat, they row out to an island that they think the Turtles are on.
Dodging all of Dr. Lesseau's booby traps, Michelangelo, Pete and Dr. Goodfellow arrive at the island unharmed. They reach the doctor's lab before he has a chance to follow through with his experiment on the other Turtles. Dr. Lesseau sets his animals free and orders them to attack the Turtles, but the animals turn on the doctor and capture him. Donatello uses Dr. Lesseau's mutator laser to turn all the animals back to normal and return them to the zoo
- Leonardo (Cam Clarke)
- Donatello (Barry Gordon)
- Michelangelo (Townsend Coleman)
- Raphael (Rob Paulsen)
- Splinter (Peter Renaday)
- April O'Neil (Renae Jacobs)
- Dr. Jane Goodfellow (Phylicia Rashad)
- Dr. Lesseau (Barry Gordon)
- Zoo Manager (Rob Paulsen)
- Turtle Van
- Robot Chimpanzees
- Robot Wolf
- Robot Bear
- Mutater Laser
Home media releases
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Michelangelo Meets Bugman
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Season 4
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Complete Classic Series Collection
- After Michelangelo sets off the island's intruder alarm, Leonardo speaks in Raphael's voice.
- When Michelangelo spots Pete rustling in the bushes, the shell on his grappling hook looks like a folded up Turtlecom.
- Dr. Lesseau and his island parodies the novel and movie of H.G. Well's The Island of Dr. Moreau.