|“Welcome Back, Polarisoids”|
|1987 TV series episode|
|Written by||Susan Stewart-Taggart|
Welcome Back, Polarisoids is a season 5 episode of the 1987-1996 series.
Krang sends the Polarisoids an invitation to visit Earth, only the Polarisoids think that the "invite" is from the Turtles. It seems that Krang wants to get a hold of the Polarisoids' camera - the one that literally captures its subjects within the camera. Krang has retained one of the Polarisoids' "home movies" and adapted it so that when it is played in the Polarisoids' camera, it will unleash all the terrorizing aliens that the Polarisoids have "videotaped" on their vacations across the galaxies. Krang believes that these vicious aliens will keep the Turtles busy so that he can take control of New York City in the meantime.
When the Polarisoids locate the surprised Turtles, they have no choice but to invite them back to their lair. On the way, Shredder arrives and steals the Polarisoids camera. He inserts Krang's "tampered" tape and unleashes an alien monster which, true to form, attacks the Turtles. Shredder, Rocksteady and Bebop cause havoc throughout the City when they unleash more and more alien monsters with the Polarisods' camera. And while this is happening, Krang's computer is breaking into computer systems all over the City and taking control.
The City's populace is in a state of panic as The Turtles "put out every little fire that erupts." It looks like Krang will be victorious when Shredder plays back some footage that Fripp shot on a planet with no gravity - everything starts floating away - including the Turtles. But when Shredder has the camera inadvertently knocked out of his hands, Fripp retrieves it and turns it off. While everything comes crashing back to Earth, Donatello successfully inserts a "bug" into Krang's computer, thus destroying it and Krang's hope of dominance.
- Misty Taggart
- Leonardo (Cam Clarke)
- Donatello (Barry Gordon)
- Michelangelo (Townsend Coleman)
- Raphael (Rob Paulsen)
- Splinter (Peter Renaday)
- April O'Neil(Renae Jacobs)
- The Shredder (James Avery)
- Krang (Pat Fraley)
- Bebop (Barry Gordon)
- Rocksteady (Cam Clarke)
- Fripp (Townsend Coleman)
- Millimeter (Jennifer Darling)
- F-Stop (Rob Paulsen)
- Say Cheese (Susan Blu)
- Burne Thompson (Pat Fraley)
- Vernon Fenwick (Peter Renaday)
- Transport Module
- Fripp's Spaceship
- Channel 6 Newsvan
- Robot Garbage Truck
- Runaway Subway Car
- Polarisoid camera
- As Shredder, Bebop and Rocksteady enter the Transport Module its door is colored dark blue.
- When the Turtle Van is lifted, Donatello and Raphael both have Leonardo's colors.
- When F-Stop and Say Cheese make monster faces to a man in the street, their eyes are yellow in one shot and red in the next.
- The 'M' on Michelangelo's belt is white when Leonardo switches off the TV at the end of the episode.
- When the Turtles reach for the pizza at Vinnie's, all the slices are intact, but there are only four slices seen after Donatello has stopped talking.
- Second and final appearance of Fripp and only appearance of his family.
- The Polarisoid name is a parody of the Polaroid instant camera company.
- The Zorg/Zark beast that chased Shredder and the mutants looks like a smaller version of the Gorgonzola robot from "Bebop and Rocksteady Conquer the Universe".
- When Raphael sees cats and dogs falling from the sky, he says the expression “it’s raining cats and dogs” as it literally is.