Vampires are beings in folk belief and mythology, afflicted with a supernatural virus that drives them to drink blood from other beings, often using fangs to inflict wounds from which to obtain it. Vampires are often (but not exclusively) portrayed as undead and possessing immortality, heightened senses, and supernatural powers of strength, speed, and mind control.
The appearance of vampires in the various TMNT universes have been a semi-common occurrence over the years.
- "Ghouls Night Out" - Donatello has a movie-inspired nightmare where he encounters a zombie, Frankenstein's Monster, a vampire and a werewolf, before waking up in front of the TV.
- In the story "Men of Shadow", the Ninja Turtles encounter a vampire gang, led by Traquer, who is in the service of the Esoteric Order of Dagon from Innsmouth.
- In the four-part story "Raphael: Bad Moon Rising", Raphael and Shadow get involved with vampires as well as werewolves
- In Volume 4, Raphael is attacked and bitten by a gang that turned out to be a group of vampires; although Raphael did not turn into a vampire the vampirism mixes with the mutagen in his system and causes him to transform into an initially uncontrollable dinosaur-like beast. After Raphael manages to control his monstrous side, he succeeds, together with Casey, in capturing those vampires who were responsible for his monstrous transformation.
- During the fight between the Ninja Turtles and the gangster boss Dragonlord, Splinter is transformed into a mutated vampire bat by means of a mutagenic preparation and develops corresponding vampiric tendencies. However, the Turtles are able to return their sensei back to his original form.
- In the crossover story The X-Files: Conspiracy - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles issue 1 of the IDW Comics the Ninja Turtles have it out with horde of vampires among them individuals known from the X-Files series, Lucius Hartwell and Ronnie Strickland.
- "Rondo in New York" - Dracula is one of the many film characters brought to life by Oswald Dren's vitalizer.
Ninja Turtles: The Next Mutation
In the live action series The Next Mutation episodes four-part episode "Unchain My Heart" features Vam Mi and her two servants, the vampire children Bing, and Chi Chu, a trio of vampires from China, who are after Venus de Milo, who is unwittingly in possession of Vam Mi's heart.
- Monsterex, a villain who the Turtles faced in two stories, is a fusion of vampire, werewolf, gillman, and Frankenstein's Monster.
- The 2012 animated series, jokingly refers to the subject of vampires, when Michelangelo presents himself (which is also confirmed later in the series), that Mr. O'Neil's new form has also given him vampiric tendencies.
- Real vampires - especially Vlad Dracula appear in person during the fifth season episodes "The Curse of Savanti Romero, "The Crypt of Dracula", "The Frankenstein Experiment", and "Monsters Among Us!", working alongside Savanti Romero and raising a monster army to conquer the world. April, Casey, Raphael, and Donatello are all briefly turned into vampires themselves until they are healed by the destruction of Dracula.