|“Turtles on the Orient Express”|
|Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1987 Cartoon) episode|
|Original airdate|| 1992 (Europe)|
October 16, 1993 (USA)
|Written by||Doug Molitor|
|Directed by||Bruno-Rene Huchez|
|Story Editor:||Jack Mendelsohn|
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1992-1993 Vacation in Europe sideseason|
List of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles episodes
Turtles on the Orient Express is an episode of the Vacation in Europe sideseason. Part of the European vacation season, it had already aired in many European countries during 1992 before airing in the USA over CBS in 1993.
April is reporting on a special run of the original Orient Express that runs from Gare de Lyon in Paris, France to Istanbul, Turkey. Unbeknownst to her and the Turtles, Shredder, Rocksteady and Bebop are all on the train, along with a device called the Supercharger, which will cause the train to accelerate faster than a jet. He's planning to use it to crash the train over the Bosphorus into the world's biggest oil fields.
Rocksteady and Bebop take the uniforms of a pair of conductors, and Shredder takes the engineer's clothing as well. The Turtles and Splinter deduce that Shredder is on board and chase the train down on a railcar, with the added help of a "long-range magnet." They don't fare very well when they do get on board, being ejected from the train by Rocksteady and Bebop and ending up floating down the river on a tuba.
April comes sniffing around the train engine and ends up captured by the villains, along with Irma, who put them in sacks and deposit them in the baggage car.
The Turtles encounter some Roma camping by the river, and Michelangelo accidentally scares them away. The Turtles then use the Roma wagon to force the Orient Express to stop, sneak on board in Roma disguises and engage Bebop and Rocksteady in another fight before throwing the two mutants off the train. They then rescue April and Irma from the baggage car. Meanwhile, Splinter heads to the train engine to defeat Shredder, and barely manages to stay on the train while Shredder falls into the river below.
Donatello has some difficulty dealing with the Supercharger, and before he can fix the runaway train, Shredder and his mutants get back on board. While the Turtles fight them, Splinter sneaks towards the locomotive as the train careens out of control. Shredder is dragged off the train before he can kill Splinter, and Donatello manages to tell Splinter to send the train in reverse, which causes the Supercharger to accelerate right out of the train and into space.
The Turtles disembark from the train, and Raphael finds it amusing that April, Irma and Vernon have all been splattered with food, only to end up chased by the two angry women.
- Donatello (Barry Gordon)
- Leonardo (Cam Clarke)
- Michelangelo (Townsend Coleman)
- Raphael (Hal Rayle)
- Splinter (Peter Renaday)
- April O'Neil (Renae Jacobs)
- Vernon Fenwick (Peter Renaday)
- Irma (Jennifer Darling)
- Shredder (Jim Cummings)
- Bebop (Barry Gordon)
- Rocksteady (Cam Clarke)
- Rich man (Pat Fraley)
- Rich woman (Renae Jacobs)
Home media releases
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Season 7
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Complete Classic Series Collection
- When Raphel is fighting Shredder on top of the train, he becomes Leonardo for one shot.
- When the Baron says, "This is not my idea of luxury", the food that was covering his face is gone in the next shot.
- When Splinter said that the train would stop in Budapest, Michelangelo's neck is colored orange.
- When Rocksteady carries April in the bag, the bag changes from grey to brown in one shot.
- Rocksteady is missing half his right shoulder strap when he rubs his head after he and Bebop break out of the wooden crate.