|“Turtles of the Jungle”|
|Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1987 Cartoon) episode|
|Original airdate||September 11, 1990|
|Written by||Misty Taggart|
|Supervising Producer||Fred Wolf|
Turtles of the Jungle is a season 4 episode of the 1987-1996 series.
While testing the Intensifier, the Professor accidentally zaps his pet monkey, Jocko who grows to 30 feet in height. He also zaps some roots which then grown enormously and begin to take over the city, turning it into a jungle.
Jocko takes a liking to April and starts pursuing her. The Ninja Turtles realize they have to stop Jocko before he destroys the city. Donatello urges the Professor to come up with the formula to reverse the Intensifier's effects. To stop Jocko, the Professor zaps Donatello, making him 30 feet tall as well. Jocko gets angry at Donatello and they start dueling it out. The Turtles stop Shredder from getting the device. The professor finally reverses the Intensifier's effects and the Turtles return the city back to normal.
- Leonardo (Cam Clarke)
- Donatello (Barry Gordon)
- Michelangelo (Townsend Coleman)
- Raphael (Rob Paulsen)
- Splinter (Peter Renaday)
- April O'Neil (Renae Jacobs)
- Burne Thompson (Pat Fraley)
- Shredder (James Avery)
- Krang (Pat Fraley)
- Professor Willard W. Willard (Rob Paulsen)
- Irma Langinstein (Jennifer Darling)
- Turtle Lair
- Channel 6
- International Science Conference
- City streets
- City docks
- Professor Willard's lab
Home media releases
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles of the Jungle
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Season 4
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Complete Classic Series Collection
- When giant Jocko lifted Michelangelo off his leg another Michelangelo was seen underneath.
- Leonardo, Michelangelo and Raphael grabbed onto Jocko's leg but the close up shot of them showed them holding onto his bare skin.
- When Jocko attacks the Turtles, Leonardo speaks in Donatello's voice.
- When Donatello is blown up to giant size, his equipment (non-biological) including his mask and belt and bo staff grow large with him.
- Although Donatello's bo staff is initially seen growing giant with him, he rips up a telephone pole to use as a make-shift staff to defend against the metal lamp posts that Jocko is throwing him. Soon after he picks it up, his giant bo staff has inexplicably vanished.
- During one scene, where Raphael & Michelangelo look at Jocko, the whole background, except for the tree branch, is missing.
- When the Turtles climb Channel 6's satellite dish tower, Raphael is seen wearing Michelangelo's nunchucks.
- Bebop and Rocksteady do not appear in this episode.
- A few fourth wall breaks were made in this episode.
- When Michelangelo is swinging on a vine and yelling like Tarzan, he breaks the fourth wall by saying, "I've always wanted to do that".
- When the Turtles are making monkey noises, Leonardo breaks the fourth wall by saying, "I feel so ridiculous".
- Donatello breaks the fourth wall by saying "Wow, they must have spent their entire budget on this one episode", referring to the writers.
- For some unknown reason Donatello uses a telegraph pole to fight Jocko instead of his bo staff.
- April references the movie King Kong by saying "either giant apes like to hold women and climb buildings, or he's seen the movie".
- This episode is a parody of the film King Kong.