The Ice Creature Cometh is a season 5 episode of the 1987-1996 series.
The Turtles are all enjoying their own pursuits when Michelangelo notices that the fridge has broken down and frozen over. So they unsuccessfully attack it to chip the ice off, and Donatello tries using a heat ray to melt it, only to cause several small fires.
In the Arctic, Krang and Shredder are mixing a batch of mutagen, while Shredder gripes about the heat being broken. Rocksteady and Bebop, not wanting other mutants to be made, decide to dump the mutagen out of the Technodrome on the ice below, where it melts a hole in the ice.
A massive ice monster forms outside, and quickly forms a bond with Bebop, who dubs it "Frosty." Shredder decides that it would be ideal for getting the thermal explosives they need to free the Technodrome, given how large and strong it is.
After finally unplugging the fridge, the Turtles learn on the news that Frosty is approaching the city. They confront Rocksteady, Bebop and Frosty, but soon discover that the ice monster is far too strong for them, and end up buried in snow.
Rocksteady and Bebop decide to unleash Frosty on the Channel 6 building and surrounding areas. April, Vernon and Irma end up underneath some enormous killer icicles, and have to call the Turtles for help. Donatello, meanwhile, rigs up a makeshift giant heat ray on a nearby building, but is unable to use it.
Bebop and Rocksteady spend awhile playing in the snow before realizing that they need to get the thermal explosives. They recall Frosty just as he's about to kill the Turtles, and head straight to the defense base where the explosives are located. Shredder arrives in a module to pick up the explosives, and leaves with his two mutants, much to Frosty's grief. He begins smashing things, until the Turtles are able to lure him onto a nearby NASA rocket. The rocket lifts off with Frosty aboard.
Krang and Shredder successfully use the explosives to free the Technodrome from the ice and begin rolling across the glacier.... until a rocket crashes nearby with a melting Frosty on it. The creature stumbles into the Technodrome and melts completely, trapping the Technodrome again.
Meanwhile, The Turtles arrive back at the lair to find that it is completely frozen over, because Michelangelo plugged the fridge back in. The others pelt him with snowballs.
- Leonardo (Cam Clarke)
- Donatello (Barry Gordon)
- Michelangelo (Townsend Coleman)
- Raphael (Rob Paulsen)
- Splinter (Peter Renaday)
- April O'Neil (Renae Jacobs)
- Burne Thompson (Pat Fraley)
- Vernon Fenwick (Peter Renaday)
- Irma Langinstein (Jennifer Darling)
- Shredder (James Avery)
- Krang (Pat Fraley)
- Bebop(Barry Gordon)
- Rocksteady (Cam Clarke)
- Army Scientist (Rob Paulsen)
Home media releases
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Season 5
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Complete Classic Series Collection
- At the end of the episode the Technodrome moves away from the spot in which it had crash landed in the Arctic, but it is seen back there in future episodes.
- When Bebop tells the ice creature to go back when it's approaching the Technodrome, he is speaking in Rocksteady's voice.
- When the Turtles are cleaning the kitchen after they put out the fire, there are two Donatellos.
- When the Turtles are gazing up at the ice monster, their belt letters are coloured white.
- This episode is mislabeled in the TMNT Complete Classic Series Collection's booklet, reading "The Ice Cream Cometh."