|Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles episode|
|Original airdate||October 13, 2018|
|Written by||Russ Carney & Ron Corcillo|
|Directed by||Sebastian Montes|
|Voice Direction||Rob Paulsen|
|Supervising Director||Alan Wan|
|Storyboard Artist:||Kevin Molina-Ortiz|
"The Gumbus" is the fifteenth episode (Episode 9A) of Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. It first aired on October 13th, 2018.
Leo, Mikey and April investigate a mysterious specter that haunts a themed supermarket.
- April O'Neil (Kat Graham)
- Baxter Stockboy (Ramone Hamilton) (debut)
- Leonardo (Ben Schwartz)
- Michelangelo (Brandon Mychal Smith)
Objects and Vehicles
- Ghost Vacuum (debut)
- The Gumbus (debut)
|This article or section is incomplete. Some information regarding this topic has not been added. Please help TurtlePedia by finishing this article.|
The episode begins with Mikey watch his favorite can-stacking channel, StockBOii, online. He freaks out and explains everything and show one of his videos to Leo and April, who check on the scared box turtle. April decides to go investigate the haunted Stock n' Stop supermarket, all out on the action, while Leo simply wants to go to prove that there is no such thing as ghosts.
They arrived at the Stock n' Shop though the vents. Leo asks why Mikey has a vacuum cleaner with him, in which Mikey says that he can suck up the ghost. While the group explore the area, a mop hits Leo, They suddenly realize it was Baxter Stockboy. Leo was shocked and asked what was the big deal. Baxter apologizes and thought that he was the gumbus and was surprise that he saw the giant turtles. April asks him about the ghost, in which Baxter explains the story.
He said it happened in this shop in 1987, and explained that the Gumbus original named Jeremiah Gumbus.
- Mikey: We aren't into labels.
- Leo: (repeating "I was right")
- April: SALAMI~!!!!
- April: So you did all of this... for money?
- Mikey trying to suck up the Gumbus with a vacuum cleaner is a reference to Ghostbusters.
- This could also be a reference to Luigi's Mansion, as Luigi uses the modified vacuum cleaner, the Poltergust 3000, to suck up the ghosts that haunt the mansion.
- Baxter says the story of the Gumbus began in 1987, the year when the original cartoon series premiered.
- Leo and Mikey using food as weapons is similar to the opening action sequence in "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze".
- This is the third episode (and also second in a row) in the series where all four Turtles don't appear; in this case, Donnie and Raph did not make an on-screen appearance, nor were they mentioned.