|“The Foot Soldiers are Revolting”|
|Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1987 Cartoon) episode|
|Original airdate||December 8, 1990|
|Written by||Michael Reaves|
|Supervising Producer||Fred Wolf|
|Supervising Director||Bill Wolf|
- This article was soft-deleted from Wikipedia.
The Turtles watch a videotape April made of a previous fight against Bebop and Rocksteady, which ends with Donatello tricking them into head-butting each other. Michelangelo wonders aloud why Krang and Shredder keep them, because of their constant incompetence.
Meanwhile in the Technodrome, Shredder has finally had enough of Bebop and Rocksteady's failures, and fires them. Krang questions who else they can use to carry out their schemes, since the Foot Soldiers are neither tough nor intelligent. So Shredder decides to use an intelligence-enhancing machine on one of the Foot Soldiers.
He selects a Foot Soldier designated "Alpha One" and places it under the machine. But at the same time, Rocksteady and Bebop are playing video games and a power fluctuation causes the machine to explode. Alpha One is intellectually enhanced far beyond what his creators had intended, and decides that he's going to conquer Earth... without Shredder and Krang.
The Turtles are about to stop watching the video when Leonardo spots something fall from Bebop's vest when he falls. Donatello identifies it as an Advanced Wave Modulator, and confirms that it would be disastrous if Krang got his tentacles on it. The Turtles set out for the place where it fell.
Alpha One not only proves to be hyperintelligent, but he is easily able to control the other Foot Soldiers, turning them against Shredder and Krang. They are loaded into an escape pod and ejected from the Technodrome, after Alpha One declares his intention to exile all organic life from Earth to Dimension X. He is about to do the same to Rocksteady and Bebop when they mention the "wave modulator," which piques his interest. He decides to keep them around so they can show him where it is.
Meanwhile, Donatello has found the device, just before a portal deposits Rocksteady and Bebop and Alpha One in front of them. The Foot Soldiers prove to be abnormally competent at fighting under Alpha One's control, and Alpha One manages to get the wave modulator from Donatello. The Foot Soldiers retreat to Dimension X, but leave Rocksteady and Bebop behind.
Alpha One appears atop a New York skyscraper and plans to build a Dimensional Displacement Device to transport all organic life to Dimension X. When fired, the device materializes Irma, Vernon and Burne in the Technodrome, much to their horror. Alpha One begins zapping all people and animals away, just as the Turtles emerge from the sewers. They manage to dodge the blasts (as do Bebop, Rocksteady and April) and make their way into the skyscraper.
Shredder and Krang, meanwhile, are headed for a plasma storm. Krang mentions that there's a very small chance that the storm will recharge their power cells. That indeed is why happens, allowing them to head back to the Technodrome, and discover that it's full of people and animals from Earth. They send them back through the portal.
Foot Soldiers attack the Turtles in the stairwell, and Rocksteady proves to be somewhat competent at dispatching them. After a brief scuffle, the Turtles, April, Rocksteady, and Bebop find themselves facing the Dimensional Displacer's barrel... until the displaced humans suddenly appear nearby and distract Alpha One. Donatello pulls the wave modulator from the displacement device, causing it to short-circuit and blast Alpha One into an unknown dimension. Donatello replaces the wave modulator and zaps Rocksteady and Bebop into Dimension X, just before the machine overloads and explodes.
Rocksteady and Bebop reappear on the Technodrome and beg for their jobs back, taking the credit for disposing with Alpha One. Shredder reluctantly rehires them, and is immediately knocked flat by Rocksteady.
The Turtles are eating pizza when they hear Alpha One's voice coming from Donatello's lab. It turns out that he's hooked up the trans-dimensional portal to cable, turning it into a widescreen TV, and what they heard was a cheesy sci-fi movie.
- Leonardo (Cam Clarke)
- Donatello (Barry Gordon)
- Michaelangelo (Townsend Coleman)
- Raphael (Rob Paulsen)
- Splinter (Peter Renaday)
- April O'Neil (Renae Jacobs)
- Burne Thompson (Pat Fraley)
- Vernon Fenwick (Peter Renaday)
- Irma Langinstein (Jennifer Darling)
- Shredder (James Avery)
- Bebop (Barry Gordon)
- Rocksteady (Cam Clarke)
- Krang (Pat Fraley)
- Alpha One (Jim Cummings)
- Male Tourist (Cam Clarke)
- Movie Robot (Jim Cummings)
- Turtles' Lair
- New York City Streets
- Tower Block
- City Sewer System
- Dimension X
- Channel 6
- Portable Portal Generator
- Dimensional Displacement Device
- Wave Modulator
Home media releases
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Unidentified Flying Leonardo
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Season 4
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Complete Classic Series Collection
- The volcano that the Technodrome is stuck on in this episode is missing.
- When the Turtles pursue Alpha-1 to the top of the building, there are two Foot Soldiers that have his face but return to normal in the following shot. There are also two Alpha-1 clones that fire upon the Turtles on the roof of the building later on.
- When the elevator fails to work there is a shot of April missing her lipstick.
- After Burne Thompson, Irma and Vernon Fenwick get transported to Dimension X, April's camera looks like a gun.
- When the Foot Soldiers advance on Krang and Shredder before pushing them into the life pod, their entire bodies are coloured purple.
- Donatello lets out a yelp with Leonardo's voice after one of the Foot Soldiers blasts the Wave Modulator out of his hand.
- One of the female tourists on the building roof talks with the male tourist's voice as Alpha-1 and the Foot Soldiers appear through the portal.
- The colours on Rocksteady's dagger and sheath are switched when he pokes out of the manhole cover.
- Michelangelo's nunchucks are placed upside down on his belt when he exits from the manhole and before Alpha-1 fires at the Turtles with the Displacement Device.
- When Leonardo speaks to April on his Turtlecom, he doesn't open it up.
- When Donatello backs away from the teleportation device after removing the Wave Modulator from it, he is seen with Leonardo's colours and his bo is missing from his belt.
- When Rocksteady uses the stair banister to tie up the two Foot Soldiers in the stairwell, his grenade is missing from his shoulder strap.
- Rocksteady's right nostril is missing when he tells Alpha-1 about the Advanced Wave Modulator being on Earth.
- Raphael is seen wearing green ankle bands as he falls off a sewer pipe he clings onto.
- The Foot Soldier that fires away the Wave Modulator from Donatello's hand only has four fingers when he holds out his blaster.
- The cyclist that Alpha-1 shoots with the Displacement Device is white skinned when he's on his bike, but brown skinned when he arrives at the Technodrome.
- Rocksteady's dagger is missing from his back when Bebop tells Alpha-1 that they will work for him.
- When all the people look up at Krang's dimensional portal after he activates it, the frame's detailing on it is missing.
- Rocksteady's bandolier is missing when the Turtles are seen tying them up in the sewers.
- There are some scuffs on the animation background when Donatello tells the others that they'll need Bebop and Rocksteady to help them defeat the Foot Soldiers.
- First and only appearance of Alpha One, the only foot solider with a designated name.
- For some unknown reason April uses the Channel 6 telephone to contact the Turtles instead of using her Turtlecom.
- Upon meeting Alpha One for the first time, none of the Turtles are surprised or confused as to why he can speak.
- A similar plot to this episode is mimicked in a comic strip in the UK TMNT (TMHT) 1992 annual.
- Krang: Our power cells are charged to full capacity!!
- Shredder: (holding head) So are the fillings in my teeth!