|“The Evil League of Mutants”|
|Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles episode|
|Original airdate||January 19, 2019|
|Written by||Jesse Gordon|
|Supervising Producer||Alan Wan|
|Directed by||Sebastian Montes|
|Voice Direction||Rob Paulsen|
|Supervising Director||Alan Wan|
|Storyboard Artist:||Julia Braid|
Kai Lynn Jiang
The text on this article or article portion isn't quite up to snuff. Do you have what it takes to make it work?
- Donatello (Josh Brener)
- The Evil League of Mutants (debut)
- Huginn (Timothy Simons)
- Leonardo (Ben Schwartz)
- Michelangelo (Brandon Mychal Smith)
- Muninn (Sam Richardson)
- Raphael (Omar Benson Miller)
- Splinter (Eric Bauza)
- Radisson Hotel Bellhop (debut)
- Foot Clan
- JJG (debut)
- Todd Capybara (Thurop Van Orman)
Additional voices by Eric Bauza and Matt Mahaffey
|This article or section is incomplete. Some information regarding this topic has not been added. Please help TurtlePedia by finishing this article.|
In a wildlife habitat dome in New York City, the Mad Dogs are fighting against two mutant crabs who are known as the Sando Brothers. They try to combat them with their powers, only for them to backfire in many different ways (Donnie's staff only runs out of power and the shock is what causes him to be down for the count) As the Sando Brothers celebrate, they are suddenly teleported away by a portal appearing beneath them.
Soon after, many other mutant villains the Mad Dogs have faced get brought into the room as well. As the lights turn on, Baron Draxum appears before everyone (Warren Stone comes in on his own terms).
Back at the family lair, everyone is upset that they only seem to be winning their fights because of luck. Raph then proposes that they actually have to train in order to get good, much to the dismay of his brothers. They then wake up Splinter and ask for help. Splinter agrees, but only shows them Lou Jitsu shows that showcase fighting instead of actually training. Irritated of their father's "help," the Mad Dogs said him that they needed a real leader and said that he was just a rat, as they go to leave. Hurt and angered by their harsh words, Splinter grounds them and demands their weapons, saying they don't deserve them. Rather than putting them in his hands as he expected, the Mad Dogs angrily dropped their weapons to the floor and left the room. Splinter sees what the gesture meant and sadly looks on.
Repo Mantis explain to the other mutants why they are here. Baron Draxum arrvies and said that it was him. He explains that he brought them to him because they are enemies of the Mad Dogs and plots they work together to destroy "his creations." The evil mutants are left puzzled when he called the turtles creations of his. Huginn and Muninn then explain, in the form of song, that Draxum saw Lou Jitsu compete in the Battle Nexus. Astounded by his fighting skills, Draxum took Lou Jitsu back to his lair and uses his DNA to mutate the turtles to who they are now, but Lou escaped, taking the turtles with him. Draxum then proposes, in a song as well, that they all work together to defeat them, and they all agree.
In the night, the Mad Dogs patrol, despite being grounded. They see one of the Foot Lieutenant in a van, but due to low spirits and no weapons, they brush it off. Suddenly, four flyers blow and hit each of them in the face. It was revealed that it was a magic show starting in New Jersey.
The Mad Dogs enter New Jersey outside the building. They enter and meet Baron Draxum and the Evil League of mutants. He said that he has to give the Mad Dogs once last chance to join his side, Before he can however, Donnie, spots Todd in the back, because Todd thought that he made new friends. After one scruffle of a fight out of the bulidng, they end up at a fish and ladder thought. Realizing this, they use the ladders and fish to defeat the evil mutants. Draxum recognizes that saw the origins of Lou Jitsu of how the Mad Dogs did those moves.
Draxum explain the Turtle's origins to them of having Lou Jitsu DNA. Believe them speechless, they know that Lou Jitsu is their dad. Right before Draxum attack them hewas brought by a dark ally and meet the foot leaders. They all get into their van all having the same goal.
The Mad Dogs return to the lair, only to be conforted by an angry Splinter. He says that he was worried. Leo tells him that Lou Jitsu is their father, and Splinter wonders why. They also said that, whoever their biological human father was, Splinter was still their real father. The Mad Dogs apologize to them about their harsh words from before.
- Warren Stone: Breaking news: you're toast!
- Meat Sweats: Liver toast!
- Ben and Carl: Crunch. Crunch. Crunch. Crunch. Crunch. Crunch. Crunch.
- Hypno-Potamus: As an actual magician, I'm offended by this charade.
- Repo Mantis: I'm about to repo your lives.
- Leonardo: This is why you never go to New Jersey.
- This is the third 30-minute episode in the series after "Mystic Mayhem" and "Bug Busters".
- This episode features a musical number.
- During the musical number, they sing about the Mad Dogs' (and Splinter's) origins.
- The song is a parody of "I Am the Very Model of a Modern Major-General" from Pirates of Penzance.
- The Lou Jitsu tape, 1 Fish, 2 Fish, Red Fish – Dead Fish, Splinter tried to play before training the Mad Dogs was a nod to the Dr. Seuss classic, "One Fish, Two Fish. Red Fish, Blue Fish".
- It is revealed by Draxum that he created the Mad Dogs by using Lou Jitsu's DNA. This is the first reference made to mutating animals rather than humans.
- Leo quoting, "We need a tiger" after he and his brothers confront Splinter of their training is a potential nod to Tiger Claw, who was voiced by Splinter's current voice actor.
- This episode apparently takes place exactly thirteen years after the Mad Dogs were mutated.
- Based on this episode, there was a Step-into-Reading book called "When Mutants Attack!".
- The Evil League of Mutants (episode)/Gallery
- The Evil League of Mutants (episode)/Animations
- The Evil League of Mutants (episode)/Transcript