|“The Day the Earth Disappeared”|
|Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1987) episode|
|Original airdate||October 28, 1996|
|Written by||Jeffrey Scott|
|Directed by||Tony Love|
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1996 Season|
List of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles episodes
The Day the Earth Disappeared is a the seventh episode of season 10 of the 1987-1996 series. It originally aired at CBS on 28 October 1996.
The Turtles surface just as a massive earthquake rocks the entire city, tearing streets apart and raising volcanoes. The Dreggnaught appears overhead and the Turtles battle the Batmen, before Dregg appears and defeats both Leonardo and Raphael, and then seemingly kills all four of them. It turns out that what he killed were extremely realistic holograms, allowing the real Turtles to get the drop on him.
After being forced into retreat, Dregg reveals that he's planning to use his transporter to teleport Earth into a Dimension X solar system. In this way, he's hoping that he'll be able to finally defeat the Turtles. A space warp starts appearing near the Earth, growing large enough to swallow the planet in just a few hours.
Donatello attempts to trace the origin of the warp, but Dregg uses a black hole's gravity to pull Leonardo, Donatello and Splinter inside. Donatello and Leonardo end up on a planetoid, while Splinter ends up on Dregg's ship.
Raphael and Michelangelo fall through the black hole several minutes later, finding themselves separated from their brothers, and all four Turtles are confronted by various monsters. Meanwhile, Splinter fights a few Batmen and sabotages the ship, before accidentally encountering Dregg and Mung.
Splinter uses the transporter to beam Leonardo and Donatello out of the black hole, Leonardo destroys the controls, which means that the ship will be sucked into the black hole. They manage to escape through the portal to the lair, where April greets them, just before the Dreggnaught is sucked into the black hole and destroyed.
Donatello repairs the portal, only for a giant blue hand to reach through. Leonardo destroys the controls and shuts it off, and Donatello promises not to turn it on again.
- Leonardo (Cam Clarke)
- Donatello (Barry Gordon)
- Raphael (Michael Gough)
- Michelangelo (Townsend Coleman)
- Splinter (Peter Renaday)
- April O'Neil (Renae Jacobs)
- Lord Dregg (Tony Jay)
- Mung (Cam Clarke)
Home media releases
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Volume 1
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Complete Final Season
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Complete Classic Series Collection
- When Dregg starts planning the space warp, a small black artifact appears next to his face.
- When Leonardo and Donatello arrive in the planetoid, the sky is yellowish or greenish color, but when they fight the ground vines, the sky is dark blue.
- When Leonardo and Donatello arrive on planetoid, Donatello asks where Splinter is in Leonardo's voice.
- When Leonardo reaches out his arm to Donatello, he momentarily becomes Raphael. Later, when Leonardo and Donatello fight the ground vines, he becomes Raphael again.
- When Michelangelo and Raphael arrive on the planetoid, both of their belt letters are drawn thinner than usual.
- When Leonardo and Donatello are walking before the vines attack them, Leonardo's belt letter keeps disappearing and reappearing.
- After Leonardo destroys Dregg's transporter, the control panel he smashes changes color and gains a screen and keyboard between shots.