|“Teenagers from Dimension X”|
|Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1987 Cartoon) episode|
|Original airdate||December 10, 1988|
|Written by||Michael Reaves|
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1988 Season|
October 1, 1988 - December 24, 1988
List of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles episodes
"Teenagers From Dimension X" is the eleventh episode of the second season (1988) of the 1987 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon series. It was written by Michael Reaves. It originally aired on December 10, 1988.
In Dimension X, the three Neutrinos spot the Technodrome and decide to sneak into a cargo bay. They intercept a message from Krang to Shredder, preparing to send through the Mental Neutralizer so that Shredder can turn the Turtles into "mindless zombies." The Neutrinos open their own portal to Earth so that they can save the Turtles.
To make the Turtles find them, the Neutrinos buzz the Channel 6 building. April tips off the Turtles, but also accidentally lets Shredder know where the Neutrinos are. Before the Turtles can lead their friends to safety, Rocksteady and Bebop capture them. The Turtles attempt to catch up, but an updraft causes the glider to crash.
Michelangelo is extremely anxious about the situation, but his attempts to meditate are wrecked when Donatello unveils his latest invention, the Cheapskate, a motorized skateboard.
Meanwhile, Shredder demands the trans-dimensional device the Neutrinos have, but it's part of the Starmobile... which Rocksteady and Bebop left behind. As a result, it was towed. Just then the Turtles burst into Shredder's amusement-park hideout and rescue the Neutrinos.
The Neutrinos explain Krang and Shredder's plan to turn them into mindless zombies, and how the Starmobile can neutralize the Mental Neutralizer with a flip of the switch on their dashboard. However, the trilithium crystal that powers their Star Mobile is cracked, and can only be replaced in Dimension X. Fortunately, Leonardo knows the location of a particle accelerator that can repair the crystal, and though it seems that the crystal is about to explode, they manage to repair it.
Unfortunately, the power surge was enough for Krang to detect and locate them. Shredder and his goons appear just as the Turtles and Neutrinos are about to escape, and stun them all. Shredder takes the newly-repaired Starmobile and the unconscious Turtles, leaving the Neutrinos on the sidewalk.
Fortunately, April rescues the Neutrinos, having gotten a distress signal from Leonardo. They run afoul of a gang called the Cyberpunks, but manage to escape into the sewers.
Meanwhile, the Turtles wake up bound in the Starmobile, and quickly placed inside the Mental Neutralizer. But as Shredder tries to open a portal, the Starmobile's security features cause him to be frozen in place. The Turtles slip out of the Neutralizer and manage to trick Rocksteady and Bebop into shooting them free.
The Cyberpunks arrive at the location and chase Shredder, Bebop and Rocksteady into a collapsing building, while April, the Neutrinos and the Turtles all escape in the Starmobile. The Neutrinos say their goodbyes, and Michelangelo gives them a pizza, which burns their hands as they depart. Michelangelo is downcast, but cheers up when Raphael points out that no Kala means more pizza for him.
- Donatello (Barry Gordon)
- Leonardo (Cam Clarke)
- Michelangelo (Townsend Coleman)
- Raphael (Rob Paulsen)
- Splinter (Peter Renaday)
- April O'Neil (Renae Jacobs)
- Dask (Thom Pinto)
- Zak (Pat Fraley)
- Kala (Tress MacNeille)
- Shredder (James Avery)
- Bebop (Barry Gordon)
- Rocksteady (Cam Clarke)
- Krang (Pat Fraley)
- First Cyber Punk
- Second Cyber Punk
- Third Cyber Punk
- Security Droid
- Turtle Lair
- Abandoned Funzone
- Dimension X
- Channel 6
- Particle Accelerator Plant
- Cyber Punk Area
Home media releases
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Volume 2
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Complete Classic Series Collection
- Irma and Vernon appear in this episode but do not speak.
- First appearance of a Foot Soldier since "Shredder and Splintered".
- Starting from this episode up until their final appearances, the Foot Clan logo on the Foot Soldiers' heads are now colored yellow.
- Debut of the Cheapskates
- Donatello is missing his colors when he disarms Rocksteady. He is also seen holding Bebop's blaster instead of his own.
- When the ropes around the Turtles are accidentally cut with Bebop and Rocksteady's laser fire, Donatello is seen with Michelangelo's colors.
- When Leonardo asked the Neutrinos what Shredder is up to, he was seen with Raphael's colors.
- Raphael speaks with Donatello's voice when he disarms Bebop and his mouth doesn't move.
- The letters on the Turtles' belts change from white to grey and back throughout the episode.
- Krang's android's hands are colored red when he opens the portal, but the android's hands would not turn red permanently until Season 3.
- The Cheapskate that Donatello is riding on is missing it's rear rotor blade when he introduces it to the others.
- When the Turtles first ride the Cheapskates, part of Raphael's mask is colored green after Michelangelo douses him with water.
- The Neutrinos do not recognize April despite meeting her in their first visit to Earth.
- The colors on the Turtles' shell markings are switched in some parts of the episode.
- Vernon's braces/suspenders are missing when Burne tells him to go and cover the Neutrinos when they were buzzing the Channel 6 building.
- Donatello's bo wasn't colored in after Zak found out that their trylithiam crystal was cracked.
- Rocksteady's bandolier was missing when he, Bebop and Shredder bumped into the robot guard in the elevator.
- When Shredder told Bebop to "identify themselves," he pointed to Rocksteady instead.
- The crystal that opens the portal is huge when Zak pops the trunk during the conversation about what it can do, but later in the episode, it is small enough to fit in one hand, or in the scene where Shredder is putting it in place, small enough to fit under a small dome cover.
- Robot: Halt! Identify yourselves!
- Shredder: Certainly! (to Bebop) Identify us Bebop! (Bebop whips out his stun laser and destroys the robot)