Some TMNT stuff really isn't for little kids.
Bah humbug! When Splinter forgets the true meaning of the holidays, it takes a visit from the Turtles of Christmas Past, Present, and Future to remind him that nothing is as important as family.
Appearing in #89
- Hamato Children (flashback only) / The Turtles
- Hamato Yoshi (flashback only) / Splinter
- Oroku Saki / The Shredder (ghost)
- Toad Baron
- Foot Elite
- Casey Jones
- Harold Lilja
- Libby Meitner
- Children of St. Robert's Orphanage
- Slash (photograph)
- Tang Shen (flashback only)
- This story is a pastiche of Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol.
- Splinter fills the role of Ebenezer Scrooge.
- The Shredder fills the role of Jacob Marley.
- Aka fills the role of the Ghost of Christmas Past.
- Toad Baron fills the role of the Ghost of Christmas Present.
- Gothano fills the role of the Ghost of Christmas Future.
- When Toad Baron leaves, his body disappears, leaving only his eyes and lingering giant smile, in much the same way as the Cheshire Cat from Lewis Carroll's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.
- The future Turtles have colored face paint instead of bandannas, in a style strongly resembling Sophie Campbell's unofficial webcomic Secrets of the Ooze.
- Leonardo's face paint pattern is most similar to his SotO version.
- Gothano's role is significant as Splinter's guide to his future, but Gothano himself never speaks.
- Splinter seeing a vision of his sons killing him in the future is an echo of the first page of Mirage TMNT volume 2 issue 1: Memories of the Future.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.