|“Teenage Mecha Ninja Turtles”|
|TMNT Summer Shorts episode|
|Original airdate||June 4, 2017|
|Written by||Matt Youngberg|
|Directed by||Matt Youngberg|
|Voice Direction||Gene Vassilaros|
|This article is a stub. You can help TMNTPedia by expanding it.|
In New York during the year 2090, humans co-exist with mutant animals and robots. Outside a bank, the police have the place surrounded as Sgt. Swat emerges where a police dog speaks to him in dog language. As Sgt. Swat prepares to take action, an EMP bomb is thrown which disables Sgt. Swat's suit and the other weapons. This enables Grimm and his gang consisting of hyenas Jester Jim, Jester Joe, an unnamed dog, and an unnamed fox to run by the police.
When Grimm and his gang enter the construction site, Grimm uses his pen-like device to close the gate in front of the police. As Grimm's gang run through the construction site, the members are picked off one-by-one until only Grimm is left. He soon ends up fighting the Teenage Mecha Ninja Turtles where they threw him through a wall. As they argue, Grimm hijacks a construction vehicle to fight them on even grounds. Each of the Teenage Mecha Ninja Turtles fights Grimm on their own, much to the dismay of the red Teenage Mecha Ninja Turtle. When the red Teenage Mecha Ninja Turtle is cornered, the rest of the team comes together where they work together to disable the construction machine and defeat Grimm. By the time the police arrive, they find Grimm and his gang tied up.
In the sewers, the Teenage Mecha Ninja Turtles return to their lair where they are revealed to be piloted by Frida, Jackson, Basque, and Kusama. Their sensei, who turns out to be an elderly Michelangelo appears and praises them where he states "Tonight, you were totally boss. My turtles."
- Basque (Khary Payton)
- Frida (America Young)
- Kusama (Tania Gunadi)
- Jackson (Eric Artel)
- Michelangelo (Greg Cipes)
- Grimm (Eric Bauza)
- New York City Police Department
- The police dog is very close in design (and may have been an homage to) McGruff the Crime Dog, an anthropomorphic dog who appeared in a series of advertisements beginning in 1980 to educate citizens (particularly children) on personal safety and security.
- Greg Cipes reprises his role of Michelangelo in this short, having voiced the 2012 series version of the character.
- This short features the red Turtle as the leader, which would be referenced in Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, as the Raphael of that series was the unofficial leader of the group.