At some point, she married Yoshi and gave birth to their baby daughter, Miwa. A resentful Saki attacked Yoshi in the family's home, and during their battle, Yoshi's house caught fire. While Yoshi survived, Tang Shen did not and Miwa was taken away by The Shredder, who accuses Yoshi for her demise evermore, but he was the one who slaughtered her by accident while she was trying to stop Saki and Yoshi from killing each other. After this, Yoshi left Japan and moved to New York City. Her death is possibly the reason that Yoshi bought the turtles in the first place.
Tang Shen was a Japanese woman originally from the city of Fukuoka, but her grandfather was Chinese. At some point she met Hamato Yoshi (Splinter) and Oroku Saki (The Shredder). Both men fell and love with her, but her love belonged to the latter so much so that she moved from her home in Fukuoka to Tokyo to be near him.
Eventually, Splinter and Tang Shen had married and were blessed with a baby girl, Miwa. Saki had trouble accepting her choice and felt that Yoshi "stole" her. Her and Yoshi's marriage was strained after Miwa's birth due to him spending more time focus on the Hamato Clan than her and Miwa. Shen felt ninjas had no place left in the world and wanted a better life for her and her family. Not wanting her daughter to follow the path of the Hamato Clan, she tried to convince Yoshi to leave Japan and move to New York City. Following an argument on the matter, she encountered the Turtles, who had traveled back in time. Thinking them to be Yokai, she was afraid until Saki arrived and chased them off. He then tried to convince Shen to leave Yoshi and go to New York with him, where they could raise Miwa together. However, upon meeting the Turtles again, she learned of their goodly nature, and they tried to convince her not to leave Yoshi. She confined in them that Saki maybe was a better man than Yoshi. They warned her that Saki was bad news and that Yoshi does love her, she then changed the subject to think about their warning. Later she meets up with her husband and after a long talk decided that Yoshi was the right man for her.
That night, Shredder attacked Splinter in his dojo home with the intention of killing him. Prior to this clash, Saki again urged Shen to leave Yoshi, but she remained faithful and reluctantly left her husband to face his foe. As they battled, a fire broke out and eventually burned Splinter's home to the ground. During the battle fought in the blaze, Shen left Miwa outside and ran to save Yoshi from one of Saki's blows, only to be struck down. Badly burned, Saki escaped and abducted Miwa, renaming her Karai. As she grew up he would tell her that Yoshi had murdered her, raising her to unknowingly hate her own father.
Tang Shen has been mentioned several times by Splinter throughout the series. She was as beautiful as she was kind, and as kind as she was intelligent.
A jealous Saki attacked later Yoshi in the family's home after learning of his true origins. He gave Shen one chance to join his side but refused after seeing Saki's true colors. Yoshi told her to flee with Miwa and during their battle, Yoshi's house caught fire. She attempted to stop Yoshi and Saki but lost her life at Saki's hands by accident. While Yoshi survived, Tang Shen did not and Miwa was taken away by The Shredder, who chose to blames Yoshi for her death and rise his daughter as revenge.
- Rise of the Turtles, Part 1
- Rise of the Turtles, Part 2
- I, Monster
- Baxter's Gambit
- Follow the Leader
- Of Rats and Men
- The Manhattan Project, Part 1
- The Lonely Mutation of Baxter Stockman
- The Wrath of Tiger Claw
- The Legend of the Kuro Kabuto
- The Invasion, Part 2
- Serpent Hunt
- Casey Jones VS. The Underworld
- The Super Shredder
- Like many of her previous incarnations, she always dies first.
- Unlike her other past incarnations, she has a biological child.
- If she were still alive, it would be the adoptive mother of the Turtles.
- She did not want her daughter had to follow the same fate as his father, that is, part of a ninja clan. For her there was no place for ninjas in the modern world.
- Karai (her daughter) despite not get to know her, has great affection for her and always carries a picture of her. Stating that she would have liked to know it and live with it.
- It also has a strong resemblance to her, surely part of the reason why Splinter recognized her as his daughter and Tang Shen.
- Tang Shen's name is not Japanese—it's Mandarin Chinese.
- Her daughter and husband both carry a picture of her.
- She's voiced by Minae Noji, who played Karai in the 2014 film.