Sunita is a teenage Yōkai whose body is entirely composed of green slime in a vaguely humanoid shape. She often doesn't have a distinct foot shape, her legs falling into a puddle against the ground. She has a fringe of "hair" (made of slime) covering the left side of her face, yellow eyes, and off-white teeth.
In her human disguise, Sunita is a teenage Indian girl with straight black hair styled in a bob cut, black eyes, dark brown skin, and a medium figure. She wears a long-sleeved light pink blouse and a magenta dress with a dark purple ruffle and high collar, magenta Mary Jane flats, a dark purple headband, and a gold cloaking brooch on her chest with a green gem in the center. She also wears matte dark pink lipstick and a gold piercing on the left side of her nose.
Sunita is enthusiastic, fun-loving, and feisty, embracing herself as a Yōkai in everyday life. She enjoys trying out new things and is open to experiencing all the sights and activities New York has to offer.
Sunita isn't afraid to fight and defend others, seen when she is very ready to physically confront the Foot Clan in "Operation: Normal" and fends off Foot Brute when he attacks Donatello, who is a stranger to her at that point.
Sunita debuted in "Operation: Normal". When the she wanted a normal life, Sunita had to disguise herself as a human to avoid being captured by the Foot. She enrolled as a new student in April O'Neil's high school and was assigned as April's lab partner. She quickly befriended her and they later that night toured New York together. Sunita, wanting to try pretzels for the first time, stopped with April at a street pretzel cart, but was suddenly implored by April to eat at a pizza parlor instead due to the presence of the Turtles who went unnoticed to Sunita. Before she could eat the pizza she ordered, her and April suddenly left the parlor to play laser tag at the Lazerdome. While playing, Sunita noticed Donnie being attacked by Foot Brute and rescued him. After being surrounded by Foot Brute and Foot Recruit, she hid from them with April and explained her history with the Foot to her and revealed her true Yōkai nature. She then worked with April to defeat the Foot using her body as an explosive, but her boots were stolen by them despite that.
Sunita and April watched the lair together for Splinter and the Turtles in "Cloak and Swaggart", but when the two of them went out to see a DIGG concert, Sunita's cloaking brooch went missing at the venue. She traveled with April to New York's brooch district where they were tipped off by Loose Lips Malinowski to her cloaking brooch's location at Channel 6. Sunita scared the security guard placed at Channel 6's entrance, allowing her to open the gate for April. They eventually made it onto the set of Kondescending Kitchen where Meat Sweats was using her cloaking brooch to regain his human form. Sunita hid off-set while April took it back from him and they were then chased by Meat Sweats through various film sets, eventually luring him onto the set of the barbeque channel where they were able to successfully return to the lair with her cloaking brooch. Sunita was able to hang out with April for another day after April accidentally reactivated the Turtle Tank garage's 24 hour lockdown protocol, trapping Splinter and the Turtles inside.
- Self-explosion: Like her father, Exploding Frankie, Sunita can explode her body at will.
- Bodily reformation: Once she explodes, Sunita can reassemble herself back into her natural form. The amount of slime that makes up Sunita's body is fixed and as such she needs every bit in order to fully reform. She can still perceive touch even after her body explodes.
- Cloaking brooch: Using her cloaking brooch, Sunita can shift between her true Yōkai form and her human disguise.
- Sunita's parent(s)
- Exploding Frankie: Frankie is Sunita's father. However, their relationship beyond that is currently unknown.
- Grand-Googly: Grand-Googly is Sunita's presumed grandparent who gifted Sunita with her cloaking brooch. However, their relationship beyond that is currently unknown.
Friends and Allies
- The Mad Dogs: Once Sunita befriended April in "Operation: Normal", she became a friend to the rest of the Mad Dogs as well and hangs out at their lair.
- April O'Neil: Sunita is April's friend as well as her lab partner in their biology class. Like April, Sunita also wanted some normalcy despite being a Yōkai. She is very accepting of April's flaws and deeply trusts her. They share a love of unicorns as seen in "Operation: Normal" and hang out regularly.
- Donatello: Donnie tried to ensure that Sunita and April could hang out together undisturbed in "Operation: Normal". Sunita called him "fake pearls" and curtly told him to get off of her slime, but seems to be fine with him.
- Leonardo: Leo tried to ensure that Sunita and April could hang out together undisturbed in "Operation: Normal". Sunita thought that he was a "cute old lady" in his Patty disguise and seems to be fine with him.
- Hamato Yoshi / Lou Jitsu / Splinter: Though Sunita has not been shown interacting with Splinter, he trusted her to house-sit the lair while he taught the Turtles wilderness survival training in "Cloak and Swaggart".
- Rupert Swaggart / Meat Sweats: April mentioned Meat Sweats to her in "Operation Normal", but Sunita didn't meet him until he stole her cloaking brooch in "Cloak and Swaggart" to regain his human form. Sunita and April worked together to successfully take it back from him.
- The Foot Clan: In her debut episode, Sunita wore a pair of boots that turned out to be parts of the Kuroi Yōroi leading her to be targeted by Foot Recruit and Foot Brute. She was very irritated by them following her for several days prior to meeting April and wanted to disguise herself to escape their relentless pursuit.
- "Bite-sized bash!" ("Cloak and Swaggart")
- "Aloha. It means both hello and goodbye. This time I'm using it as hello." ("Operation: Normal")
- "You don't wanna see this? It took these mountain men six months to craft that sauce." ("Cloak and Swaggart")
- Sunita reveals in "Cloak and Swaggart" that she received her cloaking brooch as a gift from her Grand-Googly and because of that she cherishes it.