Space Heroes: The Next Generation is the in-series animated series watched by the Ninja Turtles in Tales of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. It is the sequel to Space Heroes , and a parody of Star Trek: The Next Generation.
When Michelangelo finds the VHS of the series from the early-1990's, Leonardo fanboys out and Donatello mentions that most of the copies were supposed to have been buried in a landfill because it was deemed "too disturbing". After watching part of the first episode, Leonardo is the only one elated.
- Captain Ryan (voiced by Brian Bloom) - He is a parody of Captain Jean-Luc Picard. Unlike the real Picard, he is extremely aggressive, terrible at diplomacy, and disregards the Prime Directive all the time, usually resorting to lethal force as his first solution to any problem despite the misgivings of his crew. Like the real Picard, he often drinks tea, Earl Grey.
- Crankshaw Jr. (voiced by Scott Menville) - The apparent son of Crankshaw and a parody of Wesley Crusher. Captain Ryan slaps him all the time same as his father.
- Nefrini - An alien race.
- Z (voiced by Peter Lurie) - A tentacled brain-like alien.
- Shahana - A female alien from the planet Regal 4.
- Scronus -
- Dr. Mindstrong (voiced by Ben Cross) - A former crew member of Captain Ryan's crew that was thought to be dead.
- Cybergs -
- Mr. Gigabyte (voiced by Scott Menville) -
Episodes featuring "Space Heroes: The Next Generation"
- Scroll of the Demodragon - Captain Ryan's ship is visited by the Nefrini ship where the Nefrini on board who want to know why the Confederation is unfairly taxing their trade routes. After slapping Crankshaw Jr. for objecting to attacking the Nefrini ship when he claimed that the Nefrini are a peaceful race, Captain Ryan has their ship destroyed by his ship's lasers.
- End Times - On an M.C. Escher-type world, Captain Ryan and Crankshaw Jr. encounter the would-be alien conqueror Z. Captain Ryan tricks him into thinking that he'll be subjected to a ray that would help him get better understanding only for Captain Ryan to use a laser that destroyed Z. Crankshaw Jr. states that this is against Confederation protocol.
- When Worlds Collide, Part 1 - Captain Ryan plans to stay on Regal 4 with Shahana until she is eaten by an unidentified alien beast which leaves Captain Ryan sad. When Crankshaw Jr. asks if there's anything he can do, Captain Ryan throws him into the pit with the alien beast and tells Scronus to port him up. Raphael was displeased that nobody watched this episode.
- Raphael: Mutant Apocalypse, Part 2 - In a possible/alternate future, during the time when Raphael and the Donatello Robot reunited with Michelangelo during their search for the Oasis, Michelangelo revealed that he found the last episode of Space Heroes: The Next Generation. In that episode, Captain Ryan's ship has crash-landed on a planet leaving Captain Ryan, Crankshaw Jr., and two unnamed members alive. When an energy beast eats the two generic members, it flees when Dr. Mindstrong appears. Captain Ryan thought that Dr. Mindstrong was dead the last time they saw him. Just then, a group of Cybergs arrive. Before Captain Ryan, Crankshaw Jr., and Dr. Mindstrong can fight them, the Cybergs reduce them to skeletons. Raphael was shocked at what had happened and stated that the same thing will happen if Verminator Rex and his allies catch up to them.
- The Curse of Savanti Romero
- Wanted: Bebop & Rocksteady
- The Big Blow-Out! - While watching TV, 80s Leonardo mentions that in their world, Space Heroes (possibly both series) is a live-action show, not a cartoon.
- This show is a parody of Star Trek: The Next Generation, particularly the bald captain and the uniform design.