|“Slash - The Evil Turtle from Dimension X”|
|Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1987 Cartoon) episode|
|Original airdate||September 29, 1990|
|Written by||David Wise|
|Supervising Producer||Fred Wolf|
|Supervising Director||Bill Wolf|
Krang and Shredder are working on some super mutagen which they plan on using to create an army of super mutants that will take over the world. Bebop and Rocksteady decide to try the mutagen out on Bebop's pet turtle Slash in order to have him help them with their cleaning duties. The mutagen turns him into an evil Mutant Ninja Turtle. When Bebop loses Slash's palm tree he starts destroying the place, and Bebop sends him to Earth.
Fenton Q. Hackenbush (a developer for Donald J. Lofty) has a plan to do away with the sewer system and build condominiums. The Turtles find out what Fenton is planning and try to stop him. Donatello phones April O'Neil and make arrangements to meet and talk about Fenton's plans.
Meanwhile, Slash is looking for the palm tree from his water bowl on Earth, which is where Bebop had told him it is. While looking for it, he meets Hackenbush. Hackenbush tricks him by saying he will show him where there are lots of palm trees if Slash will do something for him. Hackenbush tells him that he has to smash the Freedom Bell and everything else along his way. Hackenbush hopes that by having Slash do this, it will make the Turtles look guilty and get them arrested. This will get them out of the way so he can proceed with his plan for the sewers.
The Turtles find out from April that Slash is planning to smash the Freedom Bell. When they find him, they discover that they are no match for him. Even though he kicks their butt, they do manage to save the bell from being smashed.
Back in Dimension X, Krang and Shredder find out what Bebop and Rocksteady have done with the mutagen and are very angry. They send Bebop and Rocksteady to Earth to get Slash back.
Slash finds out that Hackenbush double crossed him and decides to get revenge on the city. He boards a rocket filled with garbage and threatens to crash into the city. The Turtles manage to steal the Techno Wing from Bebop and Rocksteady and use it to stop Slash from going through with his plan. Krang and Shredder open a portal for Slash's rocket to enter Dimension X, but Slash just flies by, dumping all the trash in the Technodrome.
After the Turtles tell Mr. Lofty what Hackenbush was planning to do, Mr. Lofty fires him and tells the Turtles not to worry about losing their home.
- Leonardo (Cam Clarke)
- Donatello (Barry Gordon)
- Michelangelo (Townsend Coleman)
- Raphael (Rob Paulsen)
- Splinter (Peter Renaday)
- April O'Neil (Renae Jacobs)
- Shredder (James Avery)
- Krang (Pat Fraley)
- Bebop (Barry Gordon)
- Rocksteady (Cam Clarke)
- Slash (Pat Fraley)
- Donald J. Lofty (Rob Paulsen)
- Fenton Q. Hackenbush (Peter Renaday)
- Con Donatello (Cam Clarke)
- Con Raphael (Barry Gordon)
Home media releases
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Season 4
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Complete Classic Series Collection
- When Raphael and Leonardo grapple with Slash, Raphael is seen gaining Michelangelo's colors.
- Just before Slash smashes through the brick wall in the city, the con Raphael's beak is flesh colored.
- When Donatello asks "What are they so miffed about?" before the angry mob chases the Turtles, Raphael is missing his pants.
- Leonardo's swords made a sheathing sound when Slash broke them.
- The markings on Donatello's shell where moved when he and Michelangelo ejected from the Space Scowl.
- Donald J. Lofty remarks that this episode is "not the first time" the Turtles have helped him, indicating that this episode takes place after one or both of his other appearances in "The Big Zipp Attack" and "Rebel Without a Fin".
- Raphael broke the fourth wall when he said "oh, I feel so hard boiled in these trench coats".
- Raphael broke the fourth wall when he said "oh great, just what this show needs, another mutant turtle".
- Donatello: We're gonna have to distract him so I can get to those controls!
- (suddenly a pizza box comes into Michelangelo's view)
- Michelangelo: April said he dug pizza! (he and Donatello kick Slash away into a pile of garbage where a steel bucket clamps onto his head)
- Michelangelo: "Pizza time dude!!!"
- Slash: (pulling off bucket) "Give me that pizza!"
- Donatello: "Ohhhhh nooooo!!!" (he pulls the control lever sending the ship soaring skyward and Slash and Michelangelo down a chute)
- Slash: "I want that pizza!!!!" (he takes the box away from Michelangelo and looks into it to find nothing there) What? No pizza? "You tricked me!!!" "EVERYBODY TRICKS ME!!!!"