Mutant G.I. Mauler and Shredder's #1 Thug
Weapons: Retro-Mutagen Gun, Manhole Cover Shield, Turtle Carver Knife
Birthplace: La Brea Tar Pits
Height: 5' 7"
Weight: 240 lbs.
Previous Forms: Military Punk/Rhinoceros
Rocksteady's tough rhino body makes him a turtle-bashing powerhouse. His lack of smarts makes him dangerous. This mutant mammal is big trouble with his Retro-Mutagen Gun: one shot can level a whole building or a shelled turtle. Off-duty, Rocksteady loves to fry up a mess of juicy turtle burgers for the whole hungry Foot Clan.
Rocksteady's fieldglasses survey the area for anything that looks like a Turtle. (He's mistakingly blasted six soccer balls). This G.I. rockhead blatantly displays his victory kills with the turtle scalps he wears around his belt.
- This figure was originally release in the US in 1988 and 1990 in the UK.
- The figure was also re-released in 1990, 1992, 1994, as a 25th anniversary special in 2009 and part of the Classic Collection figures in 2015.
- The Classic Collection figure is identical to all the other previous versions but is missing paint apps on his wrist bands and the camouflage on his trousers/pants.
- The Turtle Carver knife figure was also packaged with the 1988 Foot Soldier and later recolored into a blueish grey for the General Traag 1989 figure and again for the Night Ninja Rocksteady 1993 figure in a bright blue.
- The Garbage Can Shield was also packaged with the Cheapskate 1988 toy.