Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is a 2D-animated television series. It first airs as a special preview on July 20th, 2018, before its full debut on September 17th, 2018 . After the special preview, it was renewed for a second season. 
The new 2D series is co-executive produced by Andy Suriano (character designer for Samurai Jack) and Ant Ward (supervising producer of the 2012 TV series). The series is said to be lighter and more humor-oriented than its predecessor series.
Four mutant turtle brothers go on adventures where they end up tapping into mystic ninja powers.
- Raphael (Omar Benson Miller)
- Donatello (Josh Brener)
- Leonardo (Ben Schwartz)
- Michelangelo (Brandon Mychal Smith)
- April O'Neil (Kat Graham)
- Splinter (Eric Bauza)
- Todd Capybara (Thurop Van Orman)
- Baron Draxum (John Cena)
- Meat Sweats (Johnny Rotten)
- Warren Stone (John Michael Higgins)
- Hypno-Potamus (Rhys Darby)
- Albearto (Tom Kenny)
- Cheery Tomato (Jill Talley)
- President Pepperoni (Eric Bauza)
- Big Mama (Lena Headey)
- Huginn (Tim Simons)
- Muninn (Sam Richardson)
- Ghostbear (Jorge Gutiérrez)
- Baxter Stockboy (Ramone Hamilton)
- Mrs. Cuddles (Eliza Jane Schneider)
- Repo Mantis (Fred Tatasciore)
- Foot Clan
- Alan Wan - Director
- Alexis Page - Character Designer
- Andy Suriano - Executive Producer, Character Designer
- Ant Ward - Executive Producer
- Brendan Clogher - Director
- Christine Liu - Storyboard Artist
- Erik Elizarrez - Prop Designer
- Jamie Vickers - Director
- Rob Paulsen - Voice Director
- Ron Corcillo - Staff writer
- Russ Carney - Staff writer
- Ida Hem - Character Designer
- Matt Mahaffey - Composer
- Frank Verderosa - Sound Mixer
- Chris Viscardi - Supervising Producer
- Sebastian Montes - Director
- Ian Busch - Staff writer
- Jesse Gordon - Staff writer
- According to a behind the scenes video, the show focuses on the Turtles "before they started their career as crime fighters".
- This is the first time April O'Neil is officially portrayed as black, but not the first concept of April as non-white. The original Mirage April was inspired by a biracial woman Kevin Eastman once dated, and her ethnic appearance in early issues was ambiguous and in a state of flux, but was later more consistently portrayed with a Caucasian appearance.
- Raphael is the oldest turtle and leader of the TMNT for the first time instead of Leonardo. As stated by the voice actors, the new order of the turtles (from eldest to youngest) is now: Raphael, Donatello, Leonardo, and Michelangelo.
- This is the first time that each turtle are a different species from one another:
- Raphael is a snapping turtle.
- Donatello is a softshell turtle.
- Leonardo is a red-eared slider turtle.
- Michelangelo is a box turtle.
- This is the second series in which a Turtle utilizes tonfas as a weapon, with Raphael using them in place of his double sais, the first being Michelangelo in Ninja Turtles: The Next Mutation.
- Leonardo and Michelangelo also don't use their traditional weapons in this series. For instance, Leonardo wields an Ōdachi sword instead of double Katana blades, and Mikey wields a kusari-fundo instead of double nunchaku.
- It is revealed in "Mystic Mayhem" that the Turtles were given their original weapons by Splinter, only for them to be destroyed by Baron Draxum's guardsmen in the same episode. They originally find replacements in Draxum's weapons vault, but they (including April and excluding Donnie) take their new mystic weapons instead.
- Unlike previous incarnations, the Turtles are all in different ages:
- Raphael is 15 years old.
- Donatello and Leonardo are both 14 years old.
- Michelangelo is only 13 years old.
- This is the first time in any incarnation of the Turtles that some or all of the Turtles call themselves or each other by nicknames other then their most common and well-known ones; Leo calls himself 'Leon' and Mikey is called 'Michael' twice by Donatello.
- "Mystic Mayhem", the pilot episode, is set to premiere as a sneak preview of the series on July 20th, 2018, after Nickelodeon's Kid's Choice Sports.
- This is the first series to not initially show how the Turtles and April first met.
- The extended version of the theme song was released on September 11th, 2018, and after two days the theme song had over 100,000 views.
- on October 27th the theme song reached 1 million views
- Unlike previous incarnations, these Turtles have powers that which they gained from their new mystic weapons (except for Donnie):
- Raph has a power called Smash-jutsu
- Mikey has a power called mystic whip
- Leo has the power to create portals
- ↑ Variety 2 March 2017 - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles’ CG Animated Series Gets 2D Reboot at Nickelodeon
- ↑ Newsarama 11 January 2018 - John Cena Joins Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- ↑ Hollywood Reporter January 11 2018 - John Cena to Voice 'Ninja Turtles' Character, Produce Competition Series for Nickelodeon
- ↑ Comicsbeat 11 January 2018 - "Rise of the TMNT" Cartoon Recruits John Cena as New Villain