|Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles episode|
|Original airdate||September 20, 2018 (Nickelodeon)|
September 18, 2018 (Nicktoons)
July 20, 2018 (online)
|Written by||Russ Carney|
|Directed by||Jamie Vickers|
|Voice Direction||Rob Paulsen|
|Supervising Director||Alan Wan|
|Storyboard Artist:||Christoper Luc|
"Repo Mantis" is the sixth episode (Episode 4A) of Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. It first aired on September 18th, 2018.
After learning that the Jupiter Jim Moon Buggy has been repossessed, Donnie and Mikey need to do a job to get it back.
- Donatello (Josh Brener)
- Michelangelo (Brandon Mychal Smith)
- Repo Mantis (Fred Tatasciore) (debut)
- Todd Capybara (Thurop Van Orman) (debut)
Donnie and Mikey are going through a car trunk in a junkyard when they are accidentally sent falling down a stack of wrecked cars. When they land, they see that the Jupiter Jim Moon Buggy is being towed into the yard.
As they try to figure out how to get the car for themselves, they encounter Repo Mantis, a mutant praying-mantis who owns the salvage yard before his mutation. They attempt to "play it smooth" as Donnie attempts to cut a deal, but they don't have enough money. Repo Mantis offers them a deal; if they do some repo work for him, he'll let the brothers have the Moon Buggy. Donnie is dubious about Mikey's ability to be sufficiently mean as a repo man, but Mikey is determined to obtain the Moon Buggy.
Their assignment is to reclaim an RV from another mutant who lives in the forest, which Donnie and Mikey easily get to. Donnie is worried that their target might be the "Spine-Breaking Bandit", and the two are frightened when the mysterious mutant ends up behind them. However, he turns out to be the genial Todd Capybara, who lives in the forest and runs Cuddle Cakes Puppy Rescue.
After Todd offers the two brothers some lemonade, Mikey is won over by the puppies and finds it difficult to be "hard as nails". Even Donnie is finding it difficult to resist Todd's niceness. The genius demands to take Todd's RV for repo, upsetting the mutant capybara. Rain begins falling as Todd weeps about the impending homelessness of himself and the puppies, and when Mikey finally buckles, Donnie suggests that he build Todd a new home in place of the RV.
The next morning, Donnie and Mikey get to work, and over the next few days, they construct a new home for the puppies and Todd, who are overjoyed. They finally take the RV back to Repo Mantis' yard, only for the mutant mantis to declare that he isn't gonna give the Moon Buggy to the Turtles. Instead, he's decided that it's more profitable to keep it as an attraction for Jupiter Jim nerds who wish to sit in it.
When Repo Mantis attacks Donnie, Mikey uses an electromagnet from one of the construction vehicles to temporarily trap the villain. They hop into the Moon Buggy and drive it out of the lot, but Repo Mantis is in hot pursuit in his tow truck. Mikey tries to use some of the Moon Buggy's advanced weaponry without success, only to remember that it has a fake dashboard. The real dashboard allows them to access the "turbo mode" and move at great speed, as well as aid from an oil slick and finally a bug zapper. Repo Mantis is finally defeated as Mikey and Donnie drive away. Outside the city, Todd and his puppies watch the two brothers from a distance.
Donatello: "I can't shake him!"
Michelangelo: "Maybe the bug-zapper button?"
- This episode, along with four other episodes, were posted early on July 20th, 2018 as a sneak preview on Nick.com.
- This episode first aired on Nicktoons on September 18th, and then it aired two days later on September 20th on Nickelodeon.
- This is the first episode in the series where all four Turtles don't appear; in this case, Leo and Raph did not make an on-screen appearance, however they were both mentioned by Donnie.
- When Mikey and Donnie first arrived at the Long Island Forest, a boy in a yellow raincoat and a chubby person with whiskers were briefly seen standing at the bus stop. This is reference to the popular Studio Ghibli movie, My Neighbor Totoro.
- Another reference of Studio Ghibli is seen when Mikey is holding a puppy while holding an orange umbrella with holes on it. This is a reference to Grave of the Fireflies, another popular Studio Ghibli movie. Both Grave and the Fireflies and My Neighbor Totoro were originally released in Japanese movie theaters as a double feature.
- The Turtles receive the Jupiter Jim Moon Buggy in this episode, which would later become the Turtle Tank.
- The events of this episode supposedly occur simultaneously with "Hypno! Part Deux!", for there were puppies in the background when Donnie received April's phone call in said episode.
- The full text on the repossession order for the recreational vehicle:
RV CAMPER $20,000 REG. OWNER: TODD CAPYBARA CUDDLE CAKES PUPPY RESCUE 702 SHADY LN. LOT 2279 LONG ISLAND WOODS, NY 80017 DELINQUENT PAYMENTS: RV CAMPER 74' TAN/WOOD PANEL 5 MONTHS REQUIRES IMMEDIATE RECOVERY TIE LINE 1298 NTT COMMUNICATIONS REF: PER/MAS/U232
- When Mikey and Donnie first notice the Jupiter Jim Moon Buggy through a car's rear view mirror, the truck towing the buggy has the "Repo Mantis Salvage" logo shown unmirrored. If viewed reflected through one mirror, the text should have appeared mirrored.
- The ZIP Code for Todd's Long Island address is 80017, but addresses with this ZIP Code are actually located in Aurora, Colorado.