|“Raphael Meets His Match”|
|Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1987) episode|
|Original airdate||September 15, 1990|
|Written by||Charles M. Howell IV|
|Supervising Producer||Fred Wolf|
|Supervising Director||Bill Wolf|
The episode starts with the Turtles getting pizza from McDonald Crump's restaurant, "Picka-Pecka Pizza", which has pizzas that are small beyond reasoning. The reason that they went there was because Donatello wanted to see what prizes they won, as PPP gives out prizes with each pizza; but while the others win more of those pathetic excuses for pizza, Raphael wins a ticket to McDonald Crump's birthday party on his private yacht, and what's more it's a costume party, so Raph goes as himself, realizing that no one will realize he's an actual Ninja Turtle. When Raphael gets there, he is approached by a mysterious young woman who tells him to pretend to be her date so she can get on board. As soon as they're on board, she ditches Raphael, who then begins to search for her to get answers. When he finally finds her, he sees her tying up the captain and the first mate.
After a brief scuffle, in which Mona Lisa is able to easily overcome Raphael, the ship hits a force field that has appeared out of nowhere and the guests, among them April and the ever arrogant Vernon, who were telecasting the event, are kidnapped by Captain Filch and his mutant anemones. At first, Raphael thinks Mona was trying to lure the ship to Filch, but she tells him she was trying to get it away from Filch. Managing to escape the anemones, Raphael and Mona rescue April and Vernon. It is then that Mona reveals that she, like Raph, is a mutant as well: she was a normal college student majoring in biology, until Captain Flich kidnapped her during a fishing trip with her friends, and forced her to work on his sub-marine. One day, Mona sabotaged Flich's laboratory in order to escape, but was turned into a half human, half salamander mutant. Since then, she's been waiting for a chance to get back at Filch.
Since Raphael is unable to contact the others, he and Mona decide to tackle Finch head on, but when doing so, April is captured and forced to televise Filch's demands on TV. Fortunately, Leonardo, Donatello, and Michelangelo see the message, and arrive via blimp to the yacht. After saving the guests and Crump, the turtles battle the anemones, while Mona blows up Filch's sub. After Filch is defeated and his sub blown up, Crump rewards the Turtles with positions as vice presidents of his company...only to tell them to meet him as soon as they get rid of those "ridiculous costumes". Back home, Mona surprises everyone not only by turning up alive, but with regular sized pizzas as well (much to Michelangelo's joy).
- Leonardo (Cam Clarke)
- Michelangelo (Townsend Coleman)
- Raphael (Rob Paulsen)
- Donatello (Barry Gordon)
- Splinter (Peter Renaday)
- Mona Lisa (Pat Musick) (mutates in flashback)
- April O'Neil (Renae Jacobs)
- Vernon Fenwick (Peter Renaday)
- Captain Filch (Thom Pinto)
- MacDonald Crump
- Mutant Anemones
- Turtle Lair
- MacDonald Crump's Yacht
Home media releases
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Raphael Meets His Match
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Season 4
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Complete Classic Series Collection
- When April is held captive by Captain Filch's mutants for a "news" transmission they appear in a city background when they actually should be inside a ship.
- First and only appearance of Mona Lisa.
- Preceding this episode, at the end of Plan Six From Outer Space, upon Mike informing the group that he had won free tickets for them all to travel to Europe, Raphael exclaimed "Mona Lisa, watch out!".
- Mona: [to Raphael] "By the way, love your costume!"
- Ship Captain: "What's going on?!"
Raphael: "Well, I'd tell you, but it'd spoil the surprise."
- Raphael: "I feel a flashback coming on..."
Mona: "I didn't always look like this..."
Raphael: "Ah, see, what'd I tell ya?"
- Mona: "Hey, what am I? Fish food?"
Michelangelo: "Where'd she come from?"
Raphael: "Oh, you guys missed the flashback, I'll tell you about it later".
- Michelangelo: Isn't it nice to see an old friend?
Donatello: Yeah, Mona Lisa looks great.
Michelangelo: Mona Lisa? No, I'm talking about the pizza!