Some TMNT stuff really isn't for little kids.
Raiden is a guest character from Mortal Kombat, who appears as a downloadable character in Injustice 2.
In the Injustice version, Raiden did not succumb to Jinsei’s corruption which turned him into Dark Raiden, unlike in the original Mortal Kombat X story ending.
Powers & Abilities
Raiden is a powerful deity and his powers are as follow:
- Lightning Manipulation: Raiden is known to manipulate the lightning and thunder at will. He can create electrical traps and produce it lightning based projectiles from his hands.
- Teleportation: Aside from his offensive capabilities with lightning, Raiden can also use this power to teleport anywhere he wishes.
- Flight: Raiden has demonstrated the ability to defy gravity and fly at great speeds.
- Healing: In the past, Raiden has demonstrated the ability to heal injured combatants.
- Raiden is based on a Japanese thunder god known as Raiden (雷電) or Raijin (雷神).
- His design was heavily inspired after David Lo-Pan's henchmen, The Three Storms from the film Big Trouble in Little China.
- His Injustice appearance was designed after Jim Lee
- Despite his and Sub-Zero’s timeline being based on the original Mortal Kombat X Story ending, most of the Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe references also appeared.