|“Poor Little Rich Turtle”|
|Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1987 Cartoon) episode|
|Original airdate||November 10, 1990|
|Written by||David Wise|
|Supervising Producer||Fred Wolf|
|Supervising Director||Bill Wolf|
"Poor Little Rich Turtle" is the ninty-fourth episode of the animated series 1987 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, which originally aired on October 27, 1990.
The Turtles must protect a bratty rich girl, Buffy, from Bebop and Rocksteady, who are under orders from Shredder to kidnap her and learn the secret of a company she inherited from her late grandfather.
- Leonardo (Cam Clarke)
- Donatello (Barry Gordon)
- Raphael (Rob Paulsen)
- Michaelangelo (Townsend Coleman)
- Splinter (Peter Renaday)
- April O'Neil (Renae Jacobs)
- Irma Langinstein (Jennifer Darling)
- Shredder (James Avery)
- Krang (Pat Fraley)
- Bebop (Barry Gordon)
- Rocksteady (Cam Clarke)
- Buffy Shellhammer (Jennifer Darling)
- Buffy's father (Pat Fraley)
- Mrs. Kawolchick (???) (Renae Jacobs)
Home media releases
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Season 4
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Complete Classic Series Collection
- David Wise, the writer of this episode, recycled its plot, and even its set pieces, wholesale from his The Transformers episode "The Girl Who Loved Powerglide" (2-35), even down to replicating the merry-go-round sequence and the brain-sucking sequence.
- When Raphael says "How come the odds got so lousy all of a sudden?" he is wearing Donatello's colours.
- The strapping on Donatello's bo is coloured brown when he speaks about the shrink ray's ability, and the strapping was higher than normal.
- In the first shot of the Turtles saying goodbye to Buffy, Leonardo has his weapon sleeves on his belt from the first two seasons.
- Krang and especially Shredder don't seem as concerned that the Turtles are in the Technodrome and this is the first of two Technodrome visits that none of them directly engage the turtles save for sending out the Foot Soldiers. Attack of the Neutrinos is another example, but Bebop and Rocksteady do engage the Turtles while Shredder and Krang are oblivious to their visit.
- If Shredder and Krang had been monitoring Buffy all this time as Shredder claimed, they would have heard Donatello give Buffy the portal co-ordinates to the lair.
- In the end, Michelangelo runs out yelling "Like Pizza!" but he is holding two apple pies, not pizza. In the next shot the turtles are seen eating actual pizza and the apple pies are gone.