|Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles episode|
|Original airdate||February 2, 2019 (television)|
December 8, 2018 (online)
|Written by||Brian Posehn|
|Directed by||Sebastian Montes|
|Voice Direction||Rob Paulsen|
|Supervising Director||Alan Wan|
|Storyboard Artist:||Gladyfaith Abcede|
Kai Lynn Jiang
"Pizza Pit" is the twentieth episode (Episode 11B) of Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. It first aired on February 2nd, 2019.
- DIGG (debut)
- Donatello (Josh Brener)
- Leonardo (Ben Schwartz)
- Michelangelo (Brandon Mychal Smith)
- Raphael (Omar Benson Miller)
- Bigfoot (debut) (image only)
- Loch Ness Monster (debut) (image only)
- Pizza Lou (debut)
- Pizza Mike (Nolan North) (debut)
- Pizza Toney (debut)
- Pizza Tony (debut)
- Pizzasaurus (debut)
A women's rock band mutated by Oozesquitoes to dummies - DIGG - is beginning to devise a devastating plan that literally sinks a number of pizza restaurants in New York into the earth. But the plan begins to slip apart as the Turtles conduct a culinary tour that night to quench their cravings for the New York Pizza Week, witnessing two pizzerias (Donatello's and Michelangelo's haunts) suddenly come to an end disappear into a huge pit of earth.
Donatello and Michelangelo are personally hit by the disappearance of their favorite food places, but Leonardo and Raphael leave things cold at first. That changes when the Turtles want to switch to Leonardo's favorite restaurant instead, but there they meet the three members of DIGG, who immediately dig their way to escape through the ground. The fierce Turtles follow Ground Hog and Honey Badger and try to challenge them, but fail because of their underground abilities. Then they come across Prairie Dog, who has just moved a support column with a battery of loudspeakers, to bring them to collapse with a clenched sound attack. They come too late to stop Prairie Dog from putting the loudspeakers into operation, and so another beloved pizzeria sinks into the ground.
Since Donatello has worked out a conspiracy theory out of these events, that the unknown attackers have a dislike for them and pizzas, they rush to the last remaining pizzeria (Raphael's favorite restaurant) and evacuate first the visitors and staff. Afterwards, they catch DIGG as they prepare their last sabotage, and the battle ensues. But during the fight, Donatello learns from Prairie Dog that the collapse of the pizzeria is just a coincidental collateral damage to their original plan to dump a concert hall into the ground. The underground support pillars of the hall that DIGG blew up were just standing directly where the pizzerias were located. DIGG has started sinking the hall.
With their explanation, DIGG first encounters extremely little understanding in Leonardo, Donatello and Michelangelo; but Raphael manages to save the situation for everyone involved with a (for him) brilliant idea. Thus, the pizzeria chefs concerned - who all "coincidentally" also belong to the same family - open a new, jointly operated restaurant in which DIGG can fulfill its dream as a regular entertainer. And so the Turtles now enjoy their much-anticipated pizza - until one of Donatello's conspiracy theories about a pizzasaurus is unexpectedly realized.
- Raph: See? Everything's fine! [Everything was not fine.]
- Donnie: …To lose one pizza place is New York real state, but to lose two pizza places is a conspiracy that goes all the way to the top! What do Lou Mike-Tony’s and Tony Lou’s Pizzeria have in common.
- Leo: Besides both being pizza places?
- Donnie: Exactly! They’re both pizza places, but not just any pizza places. Two of our favorite pizza places! And what’s the key thing they have in common?!
- Raph: Uh…besides having the same name but in different order?
- Donnie: …Do you think that’s important?!
- Leo: No.
- Donnie: ...Whatever. It’s us. We are the link between all these places! Ergo, whoever’s behind this isn’t only after pizza. They’re after us. And clearly, we all know that it’s Pizzasaurus—the evil spawn of the Loch Ness Monster and Bigfoot! It’s taking over Pizza Week!
- Leo: Pizzasaurus?! We’ve been over this! None of those things are real.
- This episode, along with "The Purple Jacket", was leaked early on iTunes on December 7th, 2018, and was posted on Nick.com one day later.
- Pictures of the 2012 Ninja Turtles, the Mirage Ninja Turtles and the 1987 Ninja Turtles can be seen on Donnie's conspiracy board with writing claiming them to be alternate dimensional counterparts.
- In this episode there are some pop culture references:
- Honey Badger's introduction is an allusion to Iron Maiden.
- Ground Hog's introduction is an allusion to Nirvana's famous cover of their Nevermind album.
- The chase between Raphael, Michelangelo and Groundhog is a reference to two extremely similar 1982 arcade games, Dig Dug and Mr. Do!
- A brief scene of conflicts between Michelangelo and Ground Hog is a reference to Whac-A-Mole.