|Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles episode|
|Original airdate|| July 20, 2018 (Sneak Peek)|
September 17, 2018 (World Premiere)
|Written by|| Ian Busch|
|Directed by||Brendan Clogher & Sebastian Montes|
|Voice Direction||Rob Paulsen|
|Supervising Director||Alan Wan|
|Storyboard Artist:||Julia Braid|
- April O'Neil (Kat Graham) (Debut)
- Baron Draxum (John Cena) (Debut)
- Donatello (Josh Brener) (Debut)
- Leonardo (Ben Schwartz) (Debut)
- Mayhem (Debut)
- Michelangelo (Brandon Mychal Smith) (Debut)
- Raphael (Omar Benson Miller) (Debut)
- Golem (Debut)
- Guardsmen (Fred Tatasciore) (Debut)
- Huginn (Tim Simons) (Debut)
- Muninn (Sam Richardson) (Debut)
- Splinter (Eric Bauza) (Debut)
- Stewart (Fred Tatasciore) (Debut)
|This article or section is incomplete. Some information regarding this topic has not been added. Please help TurtlePedia by finishing this article.|
Later that night, the Turtles zip-line from Molina Tower over a high-class rooftop party where a shady deal seems to be going down... only to zip past it, going for the rooftop pool on the building next door to perform a cannonball into the pool. Before heading off to Rucker Park, Raphael notices the dog creature in a construction yard. The team instantly befriends it (more April and less Raph), when suddenly the jogger men also show up. The Turtles try to pass off as humans, dawning nerd voices and mannerisms similar to science fiction convention patrons. When that fails, a battle (and a much-needed Jersey joke from Leonardo) ensues, but after the two joggers and their little dogs reveal their true forms.
The streak of failure continues for the Turtles, for they are easily beaten and their weapons (excluding Don's tech-bo) are destroyed. April tries to take the bad guys on herself, but clearly they capture the "dog-thingy" in a magical power-restraining orb. The villains conjure a mystical portal on a wall, and when the headstrong teen goes after the bad guys, she disappeared through the portal with them.
The Turtles are completely puzzled as to how to free their friend or more importantly, where she went. Michelangelo says that he may have an idea, pointing out the symbol used to create the portal is something they all have seen before, referring to a small device in Splinter's "do not touch" cabinet.
Raph asks Splinter if they can have the living room for the night as part of his plan for getting the device without him noticing. Splinter, however, laughs it off and refuses to leave after Don suggests he hook up the projector in his bedroom. Raph then comes up with a more complicated plan involving ten chickens and a gallon of rubber cement, but Leo manages to get the device by sneaking past Splinter, who passed out after his milk and cake.
Back at the construction site, Raph tries to figure out how to open the portal with the device. However, he freezes and starts to crack under pressure as his younger brothers make multiple side comments. Mikey then offers to open the portal and after holding the device over the wall, it starts glowing. Mikey uses the device to create a "M" like symbol on the wall, opening the portal. After his brothers congratulate Mikey on his effort, the four brothers "cannonball" into the portal and fall under to a mysterious location underground.
Raphael: "We just defeated a boss villain! We're heroes! We deserve a name like "Mad Dogs"!"
Leonardo: "Sooooo... You guys from Jersey?"
- This episode, aside from airing as a special preview, was also posted on Nick.com on July 20th, 2018.
- This is the first 22-minute length episode of the series.
- When Leonardo states that their name should be "Ninja Mutant Turtle Teens", it is a reference to the 2014 movie when the Turtles first met April.
- This is the first premiere episode to feature both April and the Turtles without showing how they meet.