|This article or section is incomplete. Some information regarding this topic has not been added. Please help TurtlePedia by finishing this article.|
|“My Brother, the Bad Guy”|
|Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1987) episode|
Lt. Kazuo Saki
|Original airdate||October 5, 1991|
|Written by||Dennis O'Flaherty|
My Brother, the Bad Guy is an episode of the 1987 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon series.
Oroku Saki, also known as Shredder, breaks into the 'Ninja Hall of Fame' in Tōkyō, Japan and steals the diary of the 'Kojima Brothers', Kurokuwa-shu Ninja from the Edo period in Japan. He arrives through the dimensional portal, breaks the glass, and steals the book. The alarm begins to sound, but Shredder disappears away through the dimensional portal just before the police arrive. Oroku Sakis younger brother Kazuo Saki, who works as a policeman in Tōkyō, discovers fingerprints of his big brother on the glass case where the diary once was.
Meanwhile in the USA, the Ninja Turtles watched TV in their sewer lair under New York City. The TMNT hear on the news that a guy, who according to what the professor that April O'Neil talked to said, only could be Shredder, tried to steal the Super Magnet from a reactor. The first time, Shredder failed, but they worry for that he will try again, and get successful. The TMNT decide to go to the reactor and watch it. After three days at the rector and still no Shredder, the TMNT encounter Kazuo Saki, who had went all the way from Japan to stop his brother. Kazuo Saki has martial arts, and he teams up with the TMNT, but Kazuo Saki respects "law and order" so much that he say that the TMNT shall stop when the traffic lights turn red for cars, even if they all see Shredder can escape in a van.
Later at his hideout in an abandoned warehouse, Shredder uses some electronic equipment to create "solid" holograms of the Kojima Brothers. The holograms are programmed "with the secrets of the three greatest ninja masters of all time," in an attempt to destroy the TMNT. First, however, Bebop and Rocksteady believe that the equipment is a video game. Shredder sends Bebop and Rocksteady to place the hologram projector where the TMNT could find it. Bebop and Rocksteady decides a place: In the sewers on the way to Winnie's Pizzeria.
In the sewers, the TMNT and Kazuo Saki encounter the holograms of the Kojima Brothers in, and are attacked. Kazuo Saki runs away from the sewers to stop his brother. Shredder plans to use the power of the Nuclear Fusion Reactor's Super Magnet to pull the Technodrome, which at this point at the series is located on an asteroid in Dimension X, through the dimensional portal that Krang and into the middle of New York City. Kazuo Saki arrives with handcuffs to arrest Shredder, but Shredder takes the handcuffs and instead handcuffs his brother to a drain pipe, with the dimensional portal open in front of it so Kazuo Saki shall be hit by the soon arriving Technodrome.
Meanwhile, Splinter meditates in the sewers and senses that the TMNT are in danger, so he ventures into the sewers. Splinter discovers the TMNT in trouble with the "Kojima Brothers". Splinter say that they had been dead for 300 years, and that he doesn't believe in ghosts. The "Kojima Brothers" answer that they will destroy him even if he doesn't believe in them. Splinter tries to help the TMNT. Later, Donatello discovers the hologram projector and smashes it with his bo staff, destroying the holograms.
The TMNT then heads away to stop Shredder. Then they arrive at the reactor, they find out that Kazuo Saki is the younger brother of Shredder. Kazuo Saki had tried to not say it to the TMNT and Splinter. When the TMNT are fighting Bebop and Rocksteady, Rocksteady loses his gun, which goes off, and fires a shot that hits the handcuffs that Shredder tied Kazuo Saki to, and frees Kazuo Saki. Kazuo Saki then throws Shredder through the dimensional portal, and Bebop and Rocksteady follow their boss just before the dimensional portal closes. The TMNT and Kazuo Saki are still in the reactor.
But the Technodrome is leaving the gravity of Dimension X and is sucked up by the Earth's atmosphere. During the last time, Donatello pushes a button which "re-aligns the polarity of its electrostatic impedance". This causes the Technodrome to crash on the Earth, but instead of New York City, it lands in an unpopulated area in the Arctic. A Polar Bear becomes afraid and runs away as the Technodrome falls down and hits the ground. When the Technodrome has crashed, Bebop and Rocksteady open a door to find out there they are. They watch a snowstorm, and joke about how happy they would feel if they were children who didn't need to go to school because of the snowstorm. 15 years has gone since they left school.
Back in the New York City sewer system, Kazuo Saki says to Splinter and the TMNT that he hopes that Shredder one day, maybe after "digging out" of the polar ice cap, will become a "better person".
- Leonardo (Cam Clarke)
- Michelangelo (Townsend Coleman)
- Raphael (Rob Paulsen)
- Donatello (Barry Gordon)
- Splinter (Peter Renaday)
- Shredder (James Avery)
- April O'Neil (Renae Jacobs)
- Krang (Pat Fraley)
- Rocksteady (Cam Clarke)
- Bebop (Barry Gordon)
- Vernon Fenwick (Peter Renaday)
- Kazuo Saki (Pat Fraley)
- Kojima Brothers (Jim Cummings)
- Mr. Reilly (Pat Fraley)
- First japanese police officer
- Second japanese police officer (Townsend Coleman)
- Turtle Lair
- New York City Streets
- Abandoned Warehouse/Shredder's hideout
- Dimension X
- Arctic Circle
- City University
- Fusion Reactor
- Tōkyō Ninja Hall of Fame
- City sewers
Home media releases
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Season 5
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Complete Classic Series Collection
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Cowabunga Classics
- When Donatello watches Rocksteady and Bebop firing laser blasts at the police from the university window, Rocksteady's dagger is missing from his back.
- The bullets on Rocksteady's bandolier were missing when he and Bebop were lying on the floor after being bombarded by the police's laser fire.
- When the Technodrome's tracks were first seen plowing deeper into the hardened lava, the piping next to its main door was coloured white instead of grey.
- When the Turtles looked shocked to discover Shredder had broken into the Fusion Reactor, they were looking straight ahead of them rather than into the Turtlecom.
- Splinter tells the holograms of the Kojima Brothers that he doesn‘t believe in ghosts, even though he met Shibano's ghost in "Blast from the Past".
- Final appearance of the Dimension X Volcanic Asteroid.
- It should be noted that "Saki" is the Shredder's given name and "Oroku" his surname in all but this series, and that "Oroku" is treated as his surname in "The Legend of Koji".
- This is the first time the Technodrome changes location near the season's start rather than the finale.
- The Kurokuwa-shu (黒鍬衆) originate from the manga Kozure Ōkami (localized in English as Lone Wolf and Cub), written by Kazuo Koike and drawn by artist Goseki Kojima.
- The stuffed dummies that the Kojima Brothers attacked all wore red bandanas and had no pupils in their eyes like the Turtles' Mirage comic counterparts.
- This is the first episode in the 1987 TMNT cartoon with scenes taking place in Japan, except for the pictures when Splinter tells April about his past life in the very first episode "Turtle Tracks".
- In the scenes taking place in Japan in this episode, the Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force flag is seen.
- In the Mirage's original comics, Shredder had an older brother named Oroku Nagi, not a younger brother named Kazuo Saki.
- Shredder: (tussling with Lt. Saki) You never had the ferocity to beat me you soft-hearted wimp!!!
- Lt. Saki: But this time, I am protecting my friends! (picks up Shredder and hurls him through the portal)
- Rocksteady: (to Bebop) Something tells me we better follow the boss! (the pair jump into the portal before it closes)
- Policeman: (through megaphone) Alright, Throw down your weapons and come out with your hands up!!
- Rocksteady: "Come and get me coppers!!" (to Bebop) I always wanted to say that line, I heard it in a movie once!!
- (the pair then get bombarded by laser fire and duck inside)
- Bebop: (sitting on the floor) Well, they must've seen da same movie!!
- Lt. Saki: (spotting fingerprint in glass cabinet) What is this? "A-ha!" A fingerprint! (produces hand-held device up to print) This will identify it!
- Device Voice: "Positive ID, Perpetrator is master criminal, Oroku Saki, also known as, Shredder".
- Lt. Saki: "Once again he dishonours our family!" "No matter where you are, I will find you and arrest you...my brother Oroku!!"