Some TMNT stuff really isn't for little kids.
She is an upbeat and friendly young lady who described herself as a "good person." Mona is saddened by the fact that she can't see her parents, but she is very optimistic seeing her mutation as an "Once in a life time transformational experience". She has a soft spot for children as seen when she became very fond of 3 young weasel mutants and their little turtle friend and was outraged by Hob's willingness to trade them up for food and supplies to the Foot Clan. Mona is also shown to be a fan of Metal Music because she accompanied the turtles and their other friends to the the Kennel Klub for a After the Bomb concert.
As a mutant, Mona Lisa is a slender female salamander mutant of medium height with a long tail and feathers in place of of hair that are usually kept in a ponytail and small horns on he side of her face. She wears glasses with the bridge is covered in tape; she is using her horns in place of ears.
Her prior human appearance has not been shown.
Powers and abilities
Before her mutation, she was a college student majoring in physics.
As a mutant salamander, Mona has shown she can defend herself from an assailant using her own tail.
- Mona's parents: Mona bemoans not being able to see her parents in Maryland since her mutation. When she was finally able to contact with them, they hung up on her upon seeing their daughter's new mutated form; Mona was then stricken with grief.
- Turtles: She quickly befriended all of them and volunteered to show them around Mutant Town while they were setting up their new dōjō.
- Jennika: Jennika saves Mona from a pair of mutants and chats with her. Jennika calls her theft of food from the warehouse "badass." They have become very good friends.
- Leonardo: Mona has not been seen interacting with Leo much but but she is very cordial to him and trusts him as much as the other turtles.
- Raphael: Mona heard of Raphael's vigilantism before meeting him.
- Donatello: Mona first met Donatello when Jennika introduce them. She is very impressed with Donnie's intelligence. Since their meeting, there have been moments when Mona has appeared to flirt with him.
- Michelangelo: Mona gets along well with Mikey and was concerned when Jay accidently prisoned him.
- Alopex: Mona volunteers to help provide Al with food for Al's shelter. She also thinks Al is "cute."
- Sally Pride: Sally stopped her Mutanimal subordinates Puggle and Bandit from harassing Mona, and accompanied Mona, along with the food Mona had stolen from the Mutanimals' food bank, to Al's shelter. After this, Mona and Sally had no trouble become friends, and Mona was present later when Sally officially quit the Mutanimals after Hob was revealed to be trafficking mutant children. When Mona's parents shunned her, Sally was there to comfort her. Mona support the Idea of Sally running for mayor of mutant town.
- Weasels: Mona was present at Al's shelter when Hob's hungry escaped weasels Zink, Zanna and Mushroom raided it for food, and also accompanied Sally and Jenny as they went after the weasels. When the weasels met and started playing with Lita and proved to be ordinary mutant kids, and also witnessed Hob as a father luring the weasels before netting them to hand over to Koya as part of a mutant trafficking sale, Mona was quick to sympathize and stand up for the weasels as innocent children. After Sally freed the weasels from Hob, Mona especially took to Zanna, carrying her in her arms as Jenny, Mona and Sally accompanied Lita and the weasels to a safe place.
- Old Hob: Mona stole food from Hob's food bank to supply Al's shelter, but he supported his subordinate Sally's decision to reprimand Puggle and Bandit and fire Diamond after they became too violent with Mona and Jenny. But Mona was later present to witness Hob and Koya trying to recover the escaped weasel daughters Hob had tried to sell to Oroku Karai; Mona promptly showing her disgust toward Hob. Also like many of the bomb victims she resents Hob for mutating her.
- Lita: Mona cares about Lita as much as she does the weasels. Likewise, Lita trusts Mona greatly.
- Puggle and Bandit: The two Mutanimals enforcers harassed Mona when they suspected she had stolen food from the Mutanimals' food bank, something she actually did do. But they were too violent with Mona, so Sally disciplined and reprimanded them.
|This article or section is incomplete. Some information regarding this topic has not been added. Please help TurtlePedia by finishing this article.|
Mona grew up with four younger brothers. She was a college student before the mutagen bomb transformed her. Since she is no longer able to attend, she spends her time helping the impoverished of Mutant Town, which includes stealing food from Mutanimals warehouses to bring back to Alopex's shelter. Jennika came to her rescue on one such occasion, and the two struck up a friendship before being forced to defend themselves from Bandit and Puggle.
After Sally called off the goons she took the food back to the shelter were she, Jenny, Raph and Alopex listened to Sally talk about problems with the Mutanimals.
Mona accompanied Sally Pride and Jennika in their pursuit of the weasels, and seemed charmed by their childlike behavior. She was particularly outraged when it was discovered that Hob was trafficking the weasels to the Foot Clan, and helped bring them back to Alopex's shelter. She was extremely enthusiastic about meeting Donatello, having already been impressed by Raphael's ninja prowess.
After the four Turtle brothers were reunited and returned to Mutant Town, Mona accompanied them, Alopex, Sally and Jennika to a heavy metal concert, arriving arm-in-arm with Donatello at Kennel Klub.
Mona came to help Alopex with babysitting the weasels.While playing with them she told Alopex about her family. In the morning, while waiting for the turtles, they made breakfast and talked about how they could improve Mutant Town.
Donatello came to see her while he was renovating a derelict building in an effort into making it Mutant Town's first school. But several mutants who had been squatting in the building confronted them. Their leader, an orca named Jo, attacked Don in an attempt to force him and Mona out of the building. As Don defended against Jo with his bō, he offered to set them up with necessities and amenities, piquing their interest when he mentioned internet and electricity. As it turns out, the mutant squatters had been trying to contact their families on the outside to no avail. Jo accepted the offer and Don set up their internet. Mona went off to meet Jennika and Sheena to discuss Sheena teaching a music class at the school, and she gave Don a peck on the cheek as she left. As Mona passed the dōjō, Lita ran out and said she can't find Jenny. Mona said she's on her way to meet with her and allowed Lita to tag along if she's careful, as the Kennel Klub is only "for grown-ups." Later that night in Jennika's room at the dōjō, Mona, Jenny and Sheena talked about music, unaware that an intruder had snuck by Jenny's bedroom door.
After her internet had been reconnected, Mona finally mustered enough courage to contact her parents, also wanting to reveal and explain her new appearance through a video call. But when they saw her as a mutant salamander, they immediately panicked and ended the call. It was then Sally came for a visit and and a crying Mona ran out to hug her for much needed comfort.
When she and Donnie were at Aloplex’s shelter she asked about his family and was shocked to learn the Donnie and hi brothers were never human and about there past lives. When Mona was in support group she was outraged by the fact that there were Mutanimal supporters in the group with escalated into a fight. After Mikey was poisoned accidentally by a venomous frog mutant, Mona stood by his bedside while he recovered. When everyone agreed with April's idea about nominating Sally for Mutant Town's first mayor' she offer some slogan ideas.