Some TMNT stuff really isn't for little kids.
- THE MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS AND THE TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES MEET FOR THE FIRST TIME!
- The Power Rangers arrive in New York City to find Tommy Oliver (a.k.a. The Mighty Morphin Green Ranger) but soon discover he's joined forces with the villainous Shredder and the Foot Clan!
- As the Rangers are sent reeling by this betrayal, they 're confronted by another (fr)enemy... the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! Can these heroes find a way to work together to defeat the bad guys and save the world from total destruction?!
- Written by Ryan Parrott (Power Rangers: Necessary Evil) and illustrated by Simone di Meo (Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Venom Annual), the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers fight - and maybe team up with - the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for the first time.
Appearing in #1
- Billy Cranston (Blue Ranger)
- Donatello (debut)
- Foot Clan (debut)
- Jason Lee Scott (Red Ranger)
- Kimberly Hart (Pink Ranger)
- Leonardo (debut)
- Michelangelo (debut)
- Raphael (debut)
- Trini Kwan (Yellow Ranger)
- Zack Taylor (Black Ranger)
- Angel Grove
- Command Center
- New York City
Objects and vehicles
In Angel Grove, the Rangers take on a massive octopus-themed monster, the Apocalyptopus, and a gaggle of Putty Patrollers. As they fight, they discuss their missing teammate, Tommy. The Rangers combine their weapons together to create the Power Blaster and destroy Apocalyptopus.
Meanwhile in New York City, the Turtles fight a bunch of Foot Ninja, discussing what they would enjoy about being human. Leonardo, Michelangelo, and Donatello all can think of a benefit (hair, shoes, and five fingers, respectively), but Raphael insists on "nothing". During a fight with one of the Foot, Raph pulls off the Foot's mask and subsequently gets clocked by him. Donnie and Mike are shocked and a bit amused that a plain old Foot Ninja got the best of their brother, and jokingly decide to name this specific ninja, settling on "Steve the Ninja". An irritated Raph finally decides on something he'd like about being human - not having to live with the other three Turtles.
At the Angel Grove Gym and Juice Bar, Trini complains about failing a physics test due to fighting monsters taking up all of her potential study time. The Rangers talk about how stressful it is trying to balance school life and saving the world, and how they wish they weren't always the last line of defense against these catastrophes.
Kimberly, however, is not with her comrades at this time, but instead is at the Command Center telling Alpha 5 and Zordon about her worries about Tommy's absence. Alpha and Zordon assure her that they are scanning the Morphing Grid to detect any potential time in which Tommy morphs to locate him.
Back in New York, Karai gives a speech to the newest Foot recruits, including an abridged story of the clan's founding by Takeshi Tatsuo. After the meeting, Karai talks to "Steve" - actually the missing Tommy - on a rooftop, telling him that her master has a special task for him and asks what he wants out of the clan. Tommy says that he's been tossed aside all his life and that the Foot seems to be a place where he could fight for what's his.
Back in-mask, Tommy infiltrates a New York technology company called Mason Technologies, capturing some piece of equipment before being confronted by the Turtles. As the Turtles rush to attack him, Tommy morphs into the Green Ranger, and the Turtles are dumbfounded that "Steve" is a Power Ranger.
Since his morphing clued Alpha into where Tommy had been hiding, the Rangers teleport to his location in New York City. They see Tommy getting trounced by four "Ninja Tortoises" and assume that they are Finster's monsters. The Turtles and Rangers fight, with Leo complementing Jason's sword and Donnie asking Billy a few questions about their powers. Mikey tells Zack that he thought the Rangers were good guys, which Zack says he is, but then when he asks Zack why they're working for Shredder, he asks what a Shredder is.
Kim finds Tommy and confronts him about his disappearance. Tommy says he's got to go and asks her to trust him, which she reluctantly agrees to. Raph ambushes Tommy, but Kim and Trini attack the Turtle while Tommy escapes.
From another rooftop, Karai and Shredder watch the battle, and Shredder is pleased that Tommy has secured his "prize", proclaiming that the Power Ranger will be his to command.
- The cover by Matt Frank is a homage to Infinity Gauntlet #1.
- Upon his retreat when the Turtles first encounter him, Tommy shouts "Ninja vanish!" as he throws a smoke bomb, as Tatsu often did.
- Donatello muses that Raphael was Shoryukened by Tommy.