|“Michelangelo Toys Around”|
|Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1987 Cartoon) episode|
|Original airdate||September 12, 1990|
|Written by|| Ted Pedersen |
|Supervising Producer||Fred Wolf|
Michelangelo Toys Around is a season 4 episode of the 1987-1996 series.
Michelangelo has a nightmare about being chased into an alley by a robotic dinosaur, which turns out to be a new toy that was being advertised in a newspaper he was looking at.
The Turtles tune in to April's coverage of a current toy fair, which is only open to people in the business. Michelangelo is disappointed by this news, so he disguises himself with a mustache and pretends to be a toy salesman. However, this fails to get him into the fair, so he decides to pretend to be a toy himself to infiltrate the building.
Unfortunately Kevin, the bratty child of toy tycoon Mr. Tyler, demands "that turtle toy," and Michelangelo is unable to sneak away before being carted out to a van outside. April spots him and alerts the other Turtles.
While in the van, Michelangelo overhears the delivery men discussing a plan for the Tyrano-Toys to start wreaking havoc, and for the sinister toy-designer Wilbur Weasell to take over Tyler Toys. He's delivered to the Tyler estate and left to his own devices in Kevin's palatial room, and after a rocky start with the young boy, he eventually befriends him.
Meanwhile, Leonardo, Donatello and Raphael make their own way into the toy fair to investigate further. They witness Weasell testing out one of the Tyrano-Toys, which has a blaster hidden inside it. When they try to deal with the problem, Weasell entraps them and nearly kills them, but they eventually manage to escape.
Michelangelo is teaching Kevin how to make a pizza when Weasell's henchmen come after him, but end up apprehending Tyler instead. Kevin and Michelangelo escape in a large toy car just before the other three Turtles arrive. Weasell retaliates by sending a number of the Tyrano-Toys after the Turtles, and they are driven into retreat.
Just then, Michelangelo leads a small army of Kevin's toys across the lawn, damaging and destroying the Tyrano-Toys. He and Kevin free Mr. Tyler from the basement, and Tyler provides Michelangelo with a master controller that will allow him to take over the Tyrano-Toys. He uses them to apprehend Weasell and his henchmen.
- Ted Pederson & Francis Moss
- Leonardo (Cam Clarke)
- Donatello (Barry Gordon)
- Michelangelo (Townsend Coleman)
- Raphael (Rob Paulsen)
- April O'Neil (Renae Jacobs)
- Vernon Fenwick (Peter Renaday)
- Mr. Tyler (Cam Clarke)
- Kevin Tyler (???)
- Wilbur Weasell (Peter Renaday)
- Dwayne (Rob Paulsen)
- Maurice (???)
- Toy Fair Security Guard (???)
- Turtle Van
- Tyler Toys Delivery Truck
- Tyler Toys Van
- Mr. Tyler's limo
- Weasell's car
Home media releases
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Season 4
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Complete Classic Series Collection
- When the Toy Fair security guard threw Michelangelo down the steps the outer wall was a brick wall but the wall is normally a concrete wall.
- In Act Two, when Weasell orders Dwayne and Maurice to attack the Turtles, a wooden beam inexplicably appears at their respective feet.
- Michelangelo was seen with Raphael's colors in the distance shot after he stepped out of the closet and he was later seen with a pair of sai on his belt after Dwayne and Maurice slipped on the tin cans.
- When the Turtles were swinging from the net at the beginning of Act Three, Donatello's mouth moved but no words came out.
- When Kevin and Michelangelo ride down the stairs in the toy car to save Kevin's dad Michelangelo's mouth moves but you don't hear him talking.
- When the three Turtles are swinging across the room of the Toy Fair a Turtles toy display can be seen below complete with what looks to be like the Turtle Blimp .
- The Toy Fair displays a board game called "Monotomy", based on the real life board game "Monopoly".