|“Many Unhappy Returns”|
|Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles episode|
|Original airdate||November 23, 2019|
|Written by||Ian Busch|
|Directed by||Kevin Molina-Ortiz|
|Voice Direction||Rob Paulsen|
|Supervising Director||Alan Wan|
|Storyboard Artist:||Jake Castorena|
"Many Unhappy Returns" is the first episode of the second season of Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and is the forty-seventh episode of the series overall. It first aired on November 23rd, 2019.
- April O'Neil (Kat Graham)
- Big Mama (Lena Headey)
- Donatello (Josh Brener)
- Leonardo (Ben Schwartz)
- Michelangelo (Brandon Mychal Smith)
- Raphael (Omar Benson Miller)
- Splinter (Eric Bauza)
- Baron Draxum (Roger Craig Smith)
- Big Mama's assistant (debut)
- Big Mama's soldiers (debut)
- Foot Clan
- Fox Bellhop (Eric Bauza)
- Kraken (debut)
- Serge (Rob Paulsen) (debut)
With the third part starting, Shredder had been brought back to life. Draxum realizes that the Foot used him and wondered why. The Lieutenant tells him that they need an alchemist to build him and give the Shredder life. And when Draxum wore the armor, his life essence was drained. The turtles are no match for Shredder as the demon disappeared. Leo started to think they have to go head but Splinter can't take it easy that quickly. But Leo says that they have to go ahead, although that annoys Raph because Leo thinks he's always serious.
The turtles find Shredder at the Mueseum and the demon runs away. Splinters suggest that they have to talk to Big Mama. Raph Donnie and Mikey go after Shredder while Leo takes Splinter at the Nexus Hotel.
At the Hotel, Splinter tells Leo that Big Mama was his ex. Back then during a movie production he meets Big Mama and started to fall in love. One night when Splinter asks Big Mama to marry her, she kidnapped him to Battle Nexus forcing him to fight. They enounted Big Mama who takes them to a ring like bracelet. Leo tells her tah Splinter will fight, much to Splinter's misery.
With Splinter inside the nexus was about to fight the monsters who was till annoyed to Leo, Big Mama says that she can alter things and took Leo's sword and dropped him in the Battle Nexus with Splinter. Leo took one of the mini teleporter coins and grabs his sword and helps his dad to fight the monsters.
They return to New York to meet the other Turtles who are worried but Leo says that they got this. Just in time, Shredder appears and Leo was about to put the collar on the Shredder, but Raph grabbed Leo's arm asking him that if he's sure he can put the collar on. Leo smiles and trusts him.
With their attacks down, Leo puts the collar on Shredder as the dark amor breaks. Big Mama vanuqished the Shredder. And because of all this, the turtles and April fell asleep after all fighting for three days. Splinter has a task to take them home and let them sleep after everything had happen. Splinter tells her that they won't able to see each other.
After they left, Big Mama can still change now that she have the Shredder to do her evil deeds as the episode ends.
- This episode was first revealed on Lena Headey's Instagram.
- The episode takes place directly after the events of "End Game".
- Donnie breaks the fourth wall when he says "It’s one season later and I still have full battery."
- Mikey also breaks the fourth wall by poking Donnie and Raph when they were in different cutaways.
- Starting with this episode, Roger Craig Smith provides the voice of Draxum, rather than John Cena.
- Splinter is revealed to have dated Big Mama back when he was human, and even proposed to her, though they did not get married.
- In the scene in Splinter's Battle Nexus dressing room, Leo is drinking tea politely with his pinky finger sticking out; no previous tea-drinking scene in Rise of the TMNT had shown this particular custom. It is reminiscent of how the 2012 TV series version of Leonardo was taught this by the little girl he had befriended in the episode "Slash and Destroy", and later in "Buried Secrets" when the Turtles were all drinking tea together, Leo was still holding his pinky out even as none of his brothers were doing the same.
- This episode marks the final appearance in the series of the fox bellhop, and is the first time either he, the otter bellhop or the owl bellhop appear in an episode without the others making an appearance. The final appearances of otter and owl were in the first season episode "The Ancient Art of Ninja Hide and Seek".