A series of baffling crimes are being committed by "brawny burglars" with thick Austrian/Schwarzeneggian accents and the Ninja Turtles are on the case. But so is Casey Jones and that could mean nothing but trouble for the Turtles. It seems that Casey Jones is just too much of a gung ho vigilante for the Turtles taste.
However, the Turtles are no match for the "muscle-bound miscreants." They decide that they will have to fight fire with fire -- by "pumping up." With that no sooner said, then April O'Neil calls them on their Turtlecom to tell them a crate was delivered to them at Channel 6 -- it is a weight lifting machine from Wally Airhead. The same Wally Airhead who owns the gym around town and is the employer of the "pumped-up" creeps who whipped their butts.
Back at the lair, Leonardo refuses to participate. He believes that honing his ninja skills will enable him to defeat their enemies. He leaves the Lair, leaving the remaining three Turtles to "just do it."
Suddenly, the weight-lifting machine imprisons them and becomes mobile - delivering them to none other than Wally Airhead himself.
When Leonardo returns, he discovers that his brothers and the weight lifting machine are gone. Splinter suggests that he recruit Casey Jones in his effort to locate his missing brothers. Leonardo reluctantly complies.
Back at Wally Airhead's "House of Pecs," Wally is surprised to see only three Turtles rather than four. It seems that Wally is not just a weight lifter but a scientist as well -- he has built a machine that emanates a ray that he calls "Strongium 90." This machine provides Wally and his men with their strength. And it also seems that he wants to capture the "essence" of the Turtles" strength, bottle it and mass market it.
After Leonardo contacts Casey Jones, he convinces him to join Wally's gym in an effort to find his missing brothers. With that done, Casey and the Turtles discover that Wally and his men are buillding "The Block Buster" a gigantic boxing glove that Wally plans to use to execute the "crime of the century."
Meanwhile, Donatello has rewired the Strongium 90 machine so that Wally and his men will think that they are "pumped up" enough to commit their crime.
Wally takes his "block buster" out into the streets and makes his demands: either the City give him $500 million dollars in cash or he will demolish every building in the city, starting with the Supreme Court.
However, Donatello's plan kicks in and Wally and his men revert back to the wimps they really are, allowing Casey and the Turtles to triumph with the greatest of ease.
- Leonardo (Cam Clarke)
- Michelangelo (Townsend Coleman)
- Donatello (Barry Gordon)
- Raphael (Rob Paulsen)
- Splinter (Peter Renaday)
- April O'Neil (Renae Jacobs)
- Casey Jones (Pat Fraley)
- Wally Airhead (Cam Clarke)
- Vernon Fenwick (Peter Renaday)
- First Goon (Townsend Coleman)
- Second Goon (Rob Paulsen)
- Third Goon (Pat Fraley)
- Fourth Goon (Pat Fraley)
- Hans (Cam Clarke)
Home media releases
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Season 5
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Complete Classic Series Collection
- The strap around Casey's mask is colored white when he asks the goon about signing up for a fitness class.
- The end ties of Raphael's belt disappear and reappear when he tackles Hans in the final battle.
- Michelangelo has a pair of nunchucks on his belt when the Ninja Turtles are spying on Wally's goons exiting the side door of the gym.
- Michelangelo has Donatello's colors when Casey Jones knocked him down and Leonardo.
- Just after Donatello, Michelangelo and Raphael are trapped by the workout equipment, Donatello and Raphael's masks switch colors for a brief moment.
- When Donatello, Michelangelo, and Raphael are chained up at Wally Airhead's gym, there's a shot with their belt letters are missing.
- Casey Jones can be seen briefly outside Wally Airhead's gym when Leonardo is spying on it from a nearby alley.
- Two of the goons' names are "Hans" and "Fitz," and when Wally calls to them he pronounces "Fitz" as "Feets," making their names a play on hands and feet.
- Wally Airhead's "I'll be back" line is taken from the Terminator movies.
- Hans: Hey, no fair, you're stronger zan us now!!
- Raphael: Ohhh, sure! It was hunky dory when you could drop a roof on our heads!!! (He picks up a garbage can and puts it on the punk's head).