Krang decides to clone himself when he needing a new henchman who is clever, sneaky, and brillant. He uses his cloning machine to produce six exact duplicates of himself, each with their own personality. When born, the Krangazoids refused to obey Krang until Krang shows them he has complete control over their Bubble Walkers. He uses them to steal the parts needed to built a Thermo Generator which should produce enough energy to run the Technodrome forever. Although they all initially started out looking identical to Krang, and thus requiring Bubble Walkers to move, they eventually grew reptilian bodies and changed colors (each of them now having a color similar to the Bubble Walker they had).
They then decide to keep the Thermo Generator for themselves, in order to alter the climate of the Earth into something more similar to their natural environment of Dimension X. They place the machine in the sewers, where it melts into the ground and begins heating up the atmosphere. However, they are defeated by the Ninja Turtles, who manage to teleport them to the Technodrome. There Krang tricks them with an offer to send them back to Dimension X, but in fact sends them to the dimensional limbo.
Personalities, voices, and colors
- Nasty Krangazoid (Pat Fraley): blue.
- Scaredy Krangazoid (Pat Fraley): yellow.
- Vain Krangazoid (Barry Gordon): purple.
- Gloomy Krangazoid (Cam Clarke): dark green.
- Goofy Krangazoid (Peter Renaday): light green.
- Smarty Krangazoid (Pat Fraley): grey.
- The term is also often applied by fans to Krang's contemporaries shown in a flashback in the 1987 TV series episode "Four Musketurtles".