The name is pronounced /kɹəˈθæt.ɹɵˌɡɒn/ (krə-THAT-ro-GON).
In The Manhattan Project, the the Kraang bring several worms to Earth to extract their mutagen. The Kraathatrogons travel through old pneumatic subway systems, and their enormous size causes strong seismic vibrations mistaken for earthquakes. When Casey Jones attempts to stop them, one swallows him. Donatello and April O'Neil kill it with salt. Later, April and Casey ride a worm to battle and Tiger Claw gets eaten, and this Kraathatrogon is sent through a portal to the 1987 TV series dimension.
In The Wrath of Tiger Claw, Tiger Claw's flashback shows how he was able to escape from the Kraathatrogon.
In Battle for New York, Part 2, a kraathatrogon appears and attacks the Turtle Blimp which it succeeds in destroying. Luckily Mikey manages to scare it away by throwing some energy crystals at its butt-face.
- The Kraathatrogons resemble the sandworms Shai-Hulud from Dune.
- The adult worms can grow to longer than 100 feet.
- They have a strange simian face in the tip of their tails and two long antennas which the Kraang use to ride and control them.
- The Kraang milk them for mutagen, in a similar way that cows are milked.
- Kraathatrogons are able to fly in Dimension X.