Some TMNT stuff really isn't for little kids.
Kara Zor-El was born on the late planet of Krypton, where she also grew up. By the time she was in her a young woman however, Brainiac arrived, where he was determined to take the cities of Krypton before the planet's inevitable destruction. Kara was saved by her mother and sent in a rocket alongside her cousin, tasked with teaching him and watch him. The explosion on Krypton was enough to knock her ship of course and she ended up in cryostasis for the next 30 years.
She was found by Black Adam and taken to Khandaq, where she was allied with what was left of the Regime. Despite this, Kara switched to Batman's side when she learned of her cousin's past doings on Earth and how he would repeat them again. She attempted to resist and was either thrown in a red sun cage after, or succeeded, sending her cousin into the Phantom Zone and continuing to aid Batman.
Powers & Abilities
- Kryptonian Physiology: Supergirl hails from a planet, where the gravity is much heavier and the sun of Krypton is red. Under these conditions, she's as powerless as a normal human being. Under a lesser gravity and the effects of a yellow or blue sun however, she possesses many abilities, which she uses to save others.
- Solar Energy Absorption: Exposure to the effects of a yellow or blue star, Supergirl's cells can absorb this energy and she can use it to fuel her powers.
- Invulnerability: Under lesser gravity and a yellow sun, Supergirl's body is capable of withstanding attacks that would normally kill a human being. This is due to the density of her molecular structure, which is strengthened by a supercharged bio-electric aura, which acts as a close to skin forcefield, protecting her from just about anything.
- Superhuman Strength: Aside from her invulnerability, Supergirl's density also gives her the ability to lift tons over her head with great ease and apply such strength to her attacks, which can be devastating for most.
- Superhuman Speed: Aside from the Flash, Supergirl has demonstrated the ability to move at speeds faster than any normal human being on Earth. She can move so fast, she can catch bullets and even fists flying at her before they even hit. She can also apply such speed to her flight.
- Superhuman Stamina: When engaging enemy combatants, Supergirl is known to last a very long time without feeling fatigue in combat.
- Enhanced Senses: Supergirl's senses are beyond that of any human being in the world, giving her an edge in a variety of things.
- Electromagnetic Specrtum Vision: Supergirl's eyes can see in all forms of the electromagnetic spectrum, giving her an edge in the dark and other locations.
- X-Ray Vision: A signature ability of any Kryptonian is their ability to see through virtually any solid surface.
- Microscopic Vision: Supergirl's eyes are not limited to the ability of seeing things at the microscopic level, meaning she can see things such as nanobots and even germs.
- Telescopic Vision: Like an Eagle, Supergirl can enhance her vision to see farther than any normal human being, which she can use when seeing starships and even people from a great distance.
- Super Hearing: Another signature ability comes in the form of her hearing. Supergirl's ears are sensitive enough to detect the slightest sounds and even hear from distances all over the world. She can also focus this ability to one sound.
- Flight: Her signature way to move comes in the form of flying. Supergirl's body is capable of manipulating the gravity around her, allowing her to not only leap great distances, but to also repel off the ground entirely.
- Heat Vision: An ability that stems from her solar energy absorption, Supergirl can emit beams of intense heat from her eyes, which are red or reddish orange in nature. These beams can either be invisible or a visible beam, depending on the intensity.
- Super Breath: Supergirl's lungs are capable of taking in much more air than any normal human being. As such, she can also expel it with a vengeance, producing hurricane force winds. She can also change the temperature of the air, making it of sub-zero temperatures.