Some TMNT stuff really isn't for little kids.
Superman is a playable character in the Injustice series, the major antagonist of the first game, and a main villain protagonist of the second game.
Kal-El was born on the late planet of Krypton to scientist Jor-El and his wife Lara Lor-Van. Realizing their planet was doomed, Jor-El made preparations to save his son from the destruction of their world. Baby Kal-El was sent to Earth to save his life and he crash landed in Smallville, Kansas, founded by the Kents and raised as their son.
Growing up, Kal, now known as Clark Kent, headed for Metropolis where he would begin his career as a mild mannered newspaper reporter and as the Man of Steel, Superman. Sometime later however, after the death of his wife Lois Lane and their unborn child, Superman began taking over, forming the One Earth Government or Regime until a Justice League from another universe defeated him and apprehended him.
Superman was then released sometime later to combat the threat of Brainiac and either remained free, reforming his government, or being sent into the Phantom Zone.
Powers & Abilities
- Kryptonian Physiology: Superman hails from a planet, where the gravity is much heavier and the sun of Krypton is red. Under these conditions, he's as powerless as a normal human being. Under a lesser gravity and the effects of a yellow or blue sun however, he possesses many abilities, which he uses to save others.
- Solar Energy Absorption: Exposure to the effects of a yellow or blue star, Superman's cells can absorb this energy and he can use it to fuel his powers.
- Invulnerability: Under lesser gravity and a yellow sun, Superman's body is capable of withstanding attacks that would normally kill a human being. This is due to the density of his molecular structure, which is strengthened by a supercharged bio-electric aura, which acts as a close to skin forcefield, protecting him from just about anything.
- Superhuman Strength: Aside from his invulnerability, Superman's density also gives him the ability to lift tons over his head with great ease and apply such strength to his attacks, which can be devastating for most.
- Superhuman Speed: Aside from the Flash, Superman has demonstrated the ability to move at speeds faster than any normal human being on Earth. He can move so fast, he can catch bullets and even fists flying at him before they even hit. He can also apply such speed to his flight.
- Superhuman Stamina: When engaging enemy combatants, Superman is known to last a very long time without feeling fatigue in combat.
- Enhanced Senses: Superman's senses are beyond that of any human being in the world, giving him an edge in a variety of things.
- Electromagnetic Specrtum Vision: Superman's eyes can see in all forms of the electromagnetic spectrum, giving him an edge in the dark and other locations.
- X-Ray Vision: A signature ability of any Kryptonian is their ability to see through virtually any solid surface.
- Microscopic Vision: Superman's eyes are not limited to the ability of seeing things at the microscopic level, meaning he can see things such as nanobots and even germs.
- Telescopic Vision: Like an Eagle, Superman can enhance his vision to see farther than any normal human being, which he can use when seeing starships and even people from a great distance.
- Super Hearing: Another signature ability comes in the form of his hearing. Superman's ears are sensitive enough to detect the slightest sounds and even hear from distances all over the world. He can also focus this ability to one sound.
- Flight: His signature way to move comes in the form of flying. Superman's body is capable of manipulating the gravity around him, allowing him to not only leap great distances, but to also repel off the ground entirely.
- Heat Vision: An ability that stems from his solar energy absorption, Superman can emit beams of intense heat from his eyes, which are red or reddish orange in nature. These beams can either be invisible or a visible beam, depending on the intensity.
- Super Breath: Superman's lungs are capable of taking in much more air than any normal human being. As such, he can also expel it with a vengeance, producing hurricane force winds. He can also change the temperature of the air, making it of sub-zero temperatures.
- Kryptonite: A radioactive piece of Krypton, this element is known to be Superman's iconic Achilles Heel. This radioactive xenomineral is capable of draining the man of steel of his powers if he comes within close proximity of it. The most common form is green, however other types exist also, such as blue, gold, red and even black, to name a few. He can however protect himself with lead.
- Red Sun Energy: As stated before, Superman's powers come from the his dense molecular structure and either a yellow or blue sun. Exposure to his species natural red sun, be it natural or synthetic, with render him powerless.
- Magic: Though Superman is invulnerable to virtually any form of physical harm, his body however cannot withstand the effects of magic. This is due to the fact that his bio-electric aura cannot protect him from such energy.
- Lead: Though really not a physical weakness, Superman's x-ray vision cannot penetrate the density of the element of lead, which also protects him from Kryptonite.