|“Invasion of the Krangazoids”|
|1987 TV series episode|
|Original airdate||December 11, 1993|
|Written by||David Wise|
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1993 Season|
List of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles episodes
Invasion of the Krangazoids is an episode of the 1987 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon series.
The Turtles are just exiting a "surfing samurai" movie when Raphael spots deep tracks in the road. They deduce that it was an amphibious module, and track it to a factory where Bebop and Rocksteady are stealing sheets of metal. The Turtles easily disarm and humiliate the two mutants, and drive them away.
Krang is enraged that they didn't get the parts he needed for his new Thermal Generator. Shredder is dismissive because he's attempting to use a computer to generate a plan to deal with the Turtles. Disgusted by the lack of reliable help, Krang decides to clone himself six times. The clones aren't particularly eager to do as he wants, so he takes control of their bubble walkers to force them to do as he wishes.
Burne sends April (and by accident, the Turtles) news of an alien brain breaking into a facility. But the Krangazoids turn out to be unexpectedly dangerous, driving the Turtles back their bubble walkers' weapons. The Turtles are shocked to hear that at least two Krangs are in the area, right before all six approach them. They retreat to the Channel 6 building.
Meanwhile, Shredder has had a brainstorm, and sends Rocksteady and Bebop to place a teleportation device inside April's camera.
As they are about to steal another component, one of the Krangazoids realize that it has hands. Even more shocking, the other Krangazoids are developing hands as well. It also comes as a nasty surprise to the Turtles when they disable one bubble walker, only for the Krangazoid inside to leap out and run away. As April tries to get footage of it, she accidentally teleports Leonardo and then herself away to Shredder's hideout.
Raphael, Donatello and Michelangelo are once again driven into retreat by the Krangazoids, who are delighted to be free of Krang's control now that they no longer need bubble walkers. Soon after, they grow reptilian bodies, and decide to take over New York and make it more like a Dimension X environment.
As Donatello tries to track down Leonardo's whereabouts, he detects intense heat coming from underground, meaning that the clones have built a thermal device. They arrive just as the device melts its way underground, meaning that soon the entire city could become a super volcano. Even worse, the Krangazoids are waiting for them, and have fully grown into their new bodies. They attempt to eat the three Turtles, only to start bickering over who should be absolute ruler of Earth.
The Turtles burst into Shredder's hideout with blasters at the ready, successfully freeing Leonardo and April. Donatello grabs April's camera as Shredder and his mutants flee, and throws the receiver into the amphibious module.
Lava starts erupting from under the sewers as the Turtles head down to deal with the thermal device, and Michelangelo manages to use the camera to teleport the Krangazoids down into the Technodrome. The Turtles then cool down the brewing volcano by pouring large amounts of water onto it.
Threatened by his clones, Krang offers to send the Krangazoids back to Dimension X, much to their delight. But he reveals afterwards that he sent them to the dimensional limbo, where they bicker about whose fault their current situation is. Back on Earth, the Turtles vow to smash the cloning machine the next time they're on the Technodrome.
- Leonardo (Cam Clarke)
- Michelangelo (Townsend Coleman)
- Donatello (Barry Gordon)
- Raphael (Rob Paulsen)
- Splinter (Peter Renaday)
- April O'Neil (Renae Jacobs)
- Vernon Fenwick (Peter Renaday)
- Shredder (Townsend Coleman)
- Bebop (Barry Gordon)
- Rocksteady (Cam Clarke)
- Krang (Pat Fraley)
- Krangazoids (debut)
- Goofy Krangazoid (Peter Renaday)
- Vain Krangazoid (Barry Gordon)
- Scaredy Krangazoid (Pat Fraley)
- Gloomy Krangazoid (Cam Clarke)
- Nasty Krangazoid (Pat Fraley)
- Smarty Krangazoid (Pat Fraley)
- Amphibious Modules
- Channel 6 Newsvan
Home media releases
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder Triumphant!
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Season 7
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Complete Classic Series Collection
- April's middle name is revealed as Harriet in this episode.
- This episode revealed what Krang used to look like when he had a body as his clones known as Krangazoids grew bodies he once had.
- When April arrives at the bakery after the Turtles fight with Bebop and Rocksteady, Michelangelo is stuck in a running stance for a few seconds before standing normally after Leonardo finishes talking.
- Raphael and Donatello follow Rocksteady after Donatello kicks him through a hole in the wall at the bakery, but when Bebop follows them, it's Raphel and Michelangelo throwing ice cream at him. Donatello then re-enters to attack Rocksteady.
- The vending machine that says "SODA" suddenly vanishes when Rocksteady tears open the one next to it that says "CANDY".
- After Donatello loses his bo while fighting the Krangazoids in the sewers, he has Leonardo's colors for the rest of the scene.
- When Leonardo approaches Bebop and Rocksteady during the fight at the bakery, the floor and conveyor belt are colored darker than they are in the previous shots.