Hattori Tatsu is a masked swordsman who was the right-hand man of the Shredder and mostly operated in Japan. While Tatsu was born blind, he had talents that were discovered by Shredder who brought him into the Foot Clan. He was also a trainer of Karai.
Sometime after the death of Super-Shredder, Tatsu started to make plans to obtain the Kuro Kabuto and enlisted some Foot Ninjas that left Karai's side when they started to doubt her leadership. After defeating Karai and Shinigami in the first battle, Tatsu knocked aside Fishface and encountered a revived Rahzar who offered him to help bring the Foot Clan back together. Rahzar declined as he was still loyal to Shredder. When it came to the fight at one of the Foot Clan's safe-houses, Karai and Shinigami were assisted by the Turtles, April O'Neil, and Casey Jones. Even though Karai knocked off his oni mask where his backstory was explored, Tatsu managed to badly defeat Casey Jones and Shinigami. With help from the turtles using Casey Jones' explosive pucks, Karai was able to throw off Tatsu's senses and defeat him. Rahzar showed up with Tiger Claw and Kavaxas. As the Kuro Kabuto was claimed, Kavaxas drained Tatsu of his soul and then destroyed the Foot Clan safe-house. It is heavily implied that he is burned into ashes from off-screen after Kavaxas fires from his fire breathing mouth.
Tatsu is a bald Japanese man with a wide girth. As a blind swordsman, he is blind as it was seen when his masked knocked off. Despite being blind, when Leo uses pinch technique and Karai transforms into snake, his eyes can be hardly seen from bloodshot eyes, as they're green.
Tatsu is fierce and merciless swordsman.
Tatsu is an expert swordsman and martial artist on par with the likes of Hamato Yoshi and Oroku Saki themselves. Despite being blind, Tatsu has some enhanced senses like hearing Michelangelo and Shinigami coming from a mile away.
- "Tatsu" translates as Japanese for "dragon".
- The mask of Tatsu looks like a mask briefly seen in ''The Super Shredder''.
- "Tatsu" was also the name of Shredder's loyal right-hand man from the first two live-action films, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze. He even bares a resemblance to Toshishiro Obata, the actor who played him.
- His surname "Hattori" comes from the historic ninja Hattori Hanzo.
- Tatsu's enhanced senses and lack of eyesight maybe an intentional similarity to Daredevil. Like Tatsu, Daredevil is blind but has superhuman senses that allow him to perceive the world around him. Daredevil was an inspiration for the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles comics and was in many ways a basis for the original mythos of the TMNT.
- Hattori Tatsu/Gallery
- Hattori Tatsu/Animations