Half-Shell Heroes: Blast to the Past is an upcoming one-hour TMNT TV special on Nickelodeon, debuting Sunday, November 22.
Told in the style of Playmates' Half-Shell Heroes action figure line, the storyline finds the Turtles going back in time to the Jurassic Era, where they encounter friendly dinosaurs from the past and dangerous aliens from the future who have a nefarious plan of their own. However, things get even more complicated when Triceratons, Bebop and Rocksteady show up!
- Bebop (J.B. Smoove)
- Donatello (Rob Paulsen)
- Leonardo (Seth Green)
- Michelangelo (Greg Cipes)
- Raphael (Sean Astin)
- Rocksteady(Fred Tatasciore)
- Shredder (Kevin Michael Richardson)
- Zog (Lance Henriksen)
to be added
- Unlike the current CG-animated series on Nick, Half-Shell Heroes will be 2D-animated..
- Random House will also be putting out a Blast to the Past book this September, while Playmates will release new dino toys in the fall to coincide with the special.
- Each of the turtles dino-buddies were chosen based on Playmates Toys' classic "cave-turtles" collection. As matter of fact, the dinos present the same color scheme from their classic toy counterparts.
- Oddly the classic collection cave-turtle Don wore saber-toothed tiger fur clothes and hat, and in the new Half-Shell Heroes toyline, Michelangelo is the one wearing it.
- ALthough the episode is set during the Jurassic period, most dinosaurs shown (Tyranossaurus Rex, Velociraptor, Triceratops and Pteranodon) are from the Cretaceous.
- Only the Stegosaurus comes from the Jurassic.