Some TMNT stuff really isn't for little kids.
The Ghostbusturtles are a team of anthropomorphic Turtle Ghostbusters encountered by Peter Venkman and Michelangelo in the parallel universe of Zoo Amsterdam, during the events of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles/Ghostbusters 2. They mistake Venkman for a demon and capture him, and also attempt to exorcise Michelangelo.
- The names of four of the five Ghostbusturtles take their first names from the actors who played their corresponding human versions in the first two Ghostbusters films, and their last names from the voice actors who played the same characters in The Real Ghostbusters.
- The unseen Ernie Hall is named after the live-action actor Ernie Hudson and voice actor Arsenio Hall, both of whom played different versions of Winston Zeddemore.
- Harold LaMarche is named after the late live-action actor Harold Ramis and voice actor Maurice LaMarche, both of whom played different versions of Egon Spengler.
- Bill Music is named after the live-action actor Bill Murray and voice actor Lorenzo Music, both of whom played different versions of Peter Venkman.
- Dan Welker is named after the live-action actor Dan Aykroyd and voice actor Frank Welker, both of whom played different versions of Ray Stantz.
- Bill Music, Harold LaMarche and Ernie Hall's last names are not revealed in-story, but were confirmed separately by writer Erik Burnham. Only Dan Welker's last name is revealed in-story.
- Rookie is named after the playable recently-recruited fifth Ghostbuster character in Ghostbusters: The Video Game, published in 2009.