It is currently unknown when, how, or by whom the Foot Clan was first founded. The earliest known incident involving the Foot was when its leader, the Shredder, was defeated by Splinter's ancestors. Additionally, the components of the Shredder’s armor were scattered around the world, to prevent his return.
The events following the Shredder’s defeat are currently unknown until about 500 years later, when the Foot Lieutenant and the Foot Brute came into conflict with the Turtles for the first time. The Turtles foiled the Foot’s attempt to create an army of Origami Ninja out of stolen paper, but the Brute and Lieutenant managed to escape, and would go on to fight the Turtles several more times.
The Foot Clan teamed up with Baron Draxum to find and retrieve the remaining pieces of the Kuroi Yōroi in order to resurrect the Shredder. Draxum, after sabotaging a mission to retrieve a piece of the armor, is made leader of the Foot Clan. After the Kuroi Yoroi was completed, Draxum took the armor for himself. However, his life force was drained by the armor, and the Shredder was revived.
- The Shredder (Leader)
- Foot Lieutenant
- Foot Brute
- Cassandra Jones
- Foot Soldiers
- Origami Ninja
- Paint Creature
- Baron Draxum (former leader; defected)
- Franken-Foot (membership status debatable; ally of the Ninja Turtles)
- Huginn (presumably defected)
- Muninn (presumably defected)
- Large Origami Ninja (destroyed by Raphael)
- Salami Ninja (self-destructed shortly after creation)
- Hamato Karai (defected following her father's transformation)
- The Foot Lieutenant and the Foot Brute are apparently huge fans of Lou Jitsu.
- This is highly ironic, as Lou Jitsu is Splinter, who opposes the Foot Clan, and whose ancestors defeated the Shredder 500 years ago.
- In "Shadow of Evil", it is revealed that the Foot Clan finds some of its recruits in ninja chatrooms, as mentioned by the Foot Lieutenant upon seeing the Foot Soldiers' poor performance against the Turtles.
- This episode also reveals that the Foot Clan uses a shoe store called the Foot Shack as a front for their base of operations.