|“Down with the Sickness”|
|Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles episode|
|Original airdate||September 18, 2018|
|Written by||Jesse Gordon|
|Directed by||Brendan Clogher|
|Voice Direction||Rob Paulsen|
|Supervising Director||Alan Wan|
|Storyboard Artist:||Christina "KiKi" Manrique|
"Down with the Sickness" is the seventh episode (Episode 4B) of Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. It first aired on September 18th, 2018.
Splinter has come down with the Rat Flu, and the *Turtles must deal with its different stages.
- Donatello (Josh Brener)
- Leonardo (Ben Schwartz)
- Michelangelo (Brandon Mychal Smith)
- Narrator (Eric Bauza)
- Raphael (Omar Benson Miller)
- Splinter (Eric Bauza)
|This article or section is incomplete. Some information regarding this topic has not been added. Please help TurtlePedia by finishing this article.|
Raph is attempting to get the high score on a video game, but Splinter interrupts, having caught Rat Flu. The Turtles are excited because they get to ask anything they want from Splinter, if they get to the 7th stage of rat flu. Splinter then lowers the temperature in the lair and shaves himself. He then enters Stage 2 and attacks the turtles. The turtles attempt to trap him in a giant hamster ball, but he escapes.
Leo: Give Raph-A-Doodle a hug!
Narrator: OH WAHAHAH-CHOO!
Mikey: Omigosh! Omigosh! Omigosh! Splinter’s a zombie!
Donnie: Mikeyyy, zombies are interested in other people’s brains…
Raph: Rat flu. This is not a drill. I repeat, this is not a drill, boys.
Splinter: I feel terrible. Do I look terrible? Be honest.
Raph: You look great. Not horribly sick at all! …He’s horribly sick.
Donnie: URANIUM! We should absolutely ask for uranium! I mean—if I could finally get my hands on a little of that, we would be virtually unstopp—
Mikey: What about a brick oven for pizza?
Leo: Who’s gonna clean that? What we should ask for is matching unicorn onesies. Those are sick! Pun intended, and I nailed it.
Raph: Buckle up, boys. It’s about to get weird.
Donnie: Uh. Leo’s infected. Quarantine him.
Leo: Hey, you need me to get to the ‘Must Say Yes’ stage. We need to ask for the onesies—Whoa, it’s really hot. Is there a fire? There’s a fire here, right? The floor is made of lava?
Leo I’m gonna hug you ‘til a smile comes out!
Raph: …ENOUGH! Raph’s got this because in big time moments, leaders make big time shots, and I’m big time.
Donnie: He must say yeeesssss. Make him say yeeesss.
Splinter: Oh boy! Flu! Papa needs a new motorbike!
- The episode shares its title with a song by Disturbed.
- There is actually a reference to the song at the end of the episode; The narrator says "OH WAHAHAH-CHOO!" referncing the most recognizable lyric in the song, besides the song title itself.
- There are seven stages of Rat Flu, as shown:
- Stage 1: Fever - Splinter freezes the whole lair trying to cure himself, and he eventually shaves himself.
- Stage 2: Wild Rat Man - Splinter becomes a wild animal to attack the Turtles.
- Stage 3: Captain Cuddle Cakes - Splinter becomes very lovey-dovey and wants to hug and kiss his sons.
- Stage 4: Ninja Supreme - Splinter becomes a skillful ninja and hunts down the Turtles.
- Stage 5: Karaoke Love Songs - Splinter sings karaoke horribly.
- Stage 6: Fanfiction - Splinter acts out his fantasy for his favorite hero.
- Stage 7: Must Say Yes - Splinter "must say yes" to one thing the Turtles want.