Donatello has jade green skin with purple pixel designs painted on his upper arms and thighs, a light brown plastron and dark brown carapace. He also has a large head (to indicate his intelligence), thick black eyebrows, black eyes, three fingers on each hand and two toes on each foot.
Donnie wears a purple mask that pulls over the top of his head (with short square-cut mask tails), silver convertible goggles with a red and blue lens and a purple battle shell that fits over his real shell. He also wears purple fingerless gloves with matching socks on his feet, a silver tech-gauntlet with a blue touchscreen, purple elbow and knee pads, and a purple belt with color-matching pouches and Turtle emblem.
Like his previous incarnations, he is the brains of the turtles, as well as fairly neurotic. He prefers tech over mystic powers, and he is more reckless than previous incarnations, as he is stated to be an adrenaline junkie. He can also be irresponsible, as he left the keys to the Turtle Tank lying around, allowing Splinter to steal it. Donnie also has a tendency to go over the top with his plans and even show off, such as desiring uranium for his machines, and going on about the container he made for a sick Splinter. He can be passive aggressive; instead of confronting his brothers about their bad habits, he made "gifts" that would force his brothers to give up their habits.
Donatello has a love hate relationship with his father, being incredibly aggressive to Splinter when he does something he didn't want. His usual punishment method for Splinter at those times is rewiring his father's tv to show nothing but educational channels for a certain period of time.
As shown in Mascot Melee, Donnie can be flirtatious as when he continues to flirt Atomic Lass throughout the episode.
At some point, he built his tech staff.
Donatello is the coolest tech wiz ever! Being a soft-shell turtle may be a drawback in the ninja world, but with his series of battle shells and transforming bō staffs, Donnie can take on any foe!
- Strength (Due To Mutation)
- Speed (Due To Mutation)
- Splinter: Has a love-hate relationship with. Usually punishes Splinter of doing something bad by forcing him to watch educational shows for a certain period of time
- Baron Draxum:
- Meat Sweats:
- Warren Stone:
- Foot Clan:
- Albearto: He created the upgrades that turned Alberto evil.
- Repo Mantis:
- "Based on our entry angle and velocity, I concur - we rad!" - After the cannonball.
- "We are just typical humans who are just going about our typical everyday human lives. Nailed it." - meeting the joggers.
- "Told you guys I was the funniest."
- "Note to you, next time make your weapons out of high-grade titanium."
- "Nah, I'm good. (I'll never let you go.)" - To his Tech-Bo, when asked if he wants a magical weapon.
- "URANIUM! Oh we should absolutely ask for uranium!" - When deciding what he wants from Splinter.
- "Oh, you're going to get squat from Splinter without ol' Donnie - NOT WITHOUT OLD DONNIE - I'm the brains of this operation!" - When quarantined with rat flu.
- "Oh my banana pancakes!" - Mrs. Cuddles
- "I'm afraid of togetherness..." - Mrs. Cuddles
- "Oh dear. GASP. It is Mrs. Cuddles. Okay Raph, you can come out now." - Mrs. Cuddles
- "Stop! It's not that! It's... It's Bootyyyshaker9000. Captial B and three ys in "booty." - Stuck on You
- "What? You know I love to dance! Not gonna apologize for that!" - Stuck on You
- Donnie's field of study revolves around engineering, robotics, and technology.
- In the 2018 series, each one of the turtles comes from a different turtle subspecies.
- In this series, Donnie is a soft-shell turtle, which means that he may have a more sensitive shell than his brothers, as well as previous incarnations of the character.
- To compensate for his soft shell, he built an entire fleet of battleshells.
- This Donatello is the third version of the character to have an artificial carapace. The first is the Image version, whose shell was shattered from a high fall, but whose life was saved by a shapeshifting artificial intelligence who, among its various forms, fashioned an artificial shell. The second is the IDW version, whose carapace is prosthetic after having lost his original biological one.
- He's stated to be a little bit more confident than previous incarnations and he knows he's good at what he does.
- He's the most mature member of the team.
- Donnie is a huge science-fiction fan.
- Donnie will have a drone "sidekick" named Sheldon along with many other battle shells that he makes in order to help him in battle because of his species.
- Donnie is revealed to be an adrenaline enthusiast.
- Donnie's least favorite animals are monkeys.
- Donnie's tech-bo is made out of high-grade titanium.
- Donnie is the only turtle to have visible eyebrows.
- Unlike previous incarnations in which Donnie is the third oldest/second youngest, this version of Donnie is the second oldest of the four Turtles.
- Donnie is prone to cracking when annoyed, shown when Mikey kept interrupting him to the point of passive aggressiveness, as shown in episodes like "Shell in a Cell".
- He's the only turtle that doesn't have any mystic powers due to the fact he doesn't have a mystic weapon of his own.
- These are the following mods as from Donnie's tech-bo:
- Giant mallet/hammer
- Drill head
- Donnie apparently has several inventions that are in "beta", such as his FAB (Foam Agent Bonding) spray and his giant drill (as seen in "Donnie's Gifts").
- Donnie's computer password is "Bootyyyshaker9000", as revealed in "Stuck on You".