|“Corporate Raiders from Dimension X”|
|Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1987) episode|
|Original airdate||October 27, 1989|
|Written by||David Wise|
"Corporate Raiders from Dimension X" is an episode of the 1987 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon series.
Plot SynopsisThe Turtles listen to April's newest broadcast, which reveals that men in business suits have kidnapped high ranking corporate executives, and the remaining execs are threatening to leave. Leonardo wonders if they should help, but Splinter, Raphael and Donatello all think that this is not their kind of crime.
However, the latest executive kidnapped works for a massive baking company that is the nation's biggest supplier of pizza crust dough, and a global pizza shortage is expected due to disruption of company operations. Taking this very personally, the Turtles decide that they're going to investigate.
They stake out another massive corporation that is due to be attacked, and see suspicious business-suited men with laser guns. Leonardo manages to get a briefcase away from them, and finds it full of stuff from the conglomerate Octopus Inc.
Unfortunately, they don't have much of a chance to infiltrate the conglomerate, given how they look. Michelangelo suggests that they get Casey Jones to infiltrate the place and find information on them. They lure Casey to the park with a fake personal ad claiming that they are going to rob a candy machine. He promptly attacks the Turtles, causing more damage to the machines than they would have. After Raphael subdues him, they explain what they want him to do.
Casey applies for a job at Octopus Inc., where his "ruthless violent attitude" and "take-charge aggressiveness" is immediately welcomed. He's brought into a new employee training program that hypnotically turns people into mindless slaves. Casey tries to escape, but is held back in his chair.
While the Turtles are anxiously waiting, more laser-toting businessmen arrive to take over a small corporation. As Leonardo, Michelangelo and Raphael are driven to seek cover, Donatello whips out the Retro-Catapult to fling garbage at them... but misses and hits his brothers instead. Donatello hits them with a bucket of water, which leaves the men confused and unable to remember what happened.
The Turtles infiltrate the building disguised as repairmen, and find Casey still being brainwashed. Donatello squirts Casey with water, breaking him out of it, and the human destroys the hypnotic equipment.
They accidentally overhear a board meeting where a man declares that the Octopus Stadium will be filled with all the brainwashed employees later that day, for the Grand Arising, after which they will take over the world. They keep squirting the brainwashed men, but soon discover someone has cut off the water supply to the entire building, leaving them no choice but to flee when the water runs out. With this, the Turtles realize that someone who's not brainwashed is pulling the strings.
In the office of the president of the company, they find Shredder, Rocksteady and Bebop. After a massive fight, Casey and the Turtles are tied up and thrown in with an old man who has also been tied and gagged.
Leonardo manages to free himself using a hacksaw, and frees the others. They find that the old man is the president of Octopus Inc, Octavius Ogilvy; his hearing aid is broken, which made him immune to the hypnotic brainwashing. He shows them the blueprints for the Octopus Stadium, which reveals to the Turtles that the "Grand Arising" is to raise the Technodrome to the surface.
At the stadium, Donatello tinkers with the hydraulics under the stadium. But instead of the Technodrome, a vast octopus-shaped device arises from the ground and sprays the audience with water, causing all the gathered executives to wake up from their hypnotic spell.
Shredder, Bebop and Rocksteady all flee the stadium, and the Turtles are congratulated by Ogilvy, who vows to make the world a better place. Raphael opines that "it may not be a realistic ending, but it is a happy one!"
- Leonardo (Cam Clarke)
- Donatello (Barry Gordon)
- Raphael (Rob Paulsen)
- Michaelangelo (Townsend Coleman)
- Splinter (Peter Renaday)
- April O'Neil (Renae Jacobs)
- Casey Jones (Pat Fraley)
- Shredder (James Avery)
- Bebop (Barry Gordon)
- Rocksteady (Cam Clarke)
- Russian Pizza Room Waiter (Barry Gordon)
- Octavius Ogilvy
- Octopus Inc. Interviewer (Pat Fraley)
- Angry Octopus Inc. Worker (Rob Paulsen)
- Brainwashing Speaker Voice (Cam Clarke)
- First Octopus Inc. Businessman (Townsend Coleman)
- Second Octopus Inc. Businessman (James Avery)
- Octopus Inc. Board Meeting Businessman (Peter Renaday)
- Octopus Inc. Receptionist (Jennifer Darling)
- First Octopus Stadium Businessman (Peter Renaday)
- Second Octopus Stadium Businessman (Peter Renaday)
- Third Octopus Stadium Businessman (Pat Fraley)
- The Incredibly Huge Corporation
- Russian Pizza Room
- Octopus Inc.
- Itty Bitty Corporation
- Turtles' Lair
- City Park
- Octopus Stadium
Home media releases
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Volume 5
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Season 3
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Complete Classic Series Collection
- Octopus Inc is a reference to The Octopus, a shadow government that supposedly runs the world and where every government leader or official is merely the face of their group. It was thought up by Donnie Castolaro who was found dead after investigatng this group.
- It should be notes that hypnosis is a major plot point of the episode and that The Octopus also supposedly used it to ensure loyalty. Also, the corporate leaders can be viewed as standins for government leaders.
- A shot of the businessmen entering the Incredibly Large Corporation was repeated after a shot was shown of the Turtles laying on a heap on the street.
- Krang does not appear in this episode.
- This is the episode where Donatello first utilizes the Retrocatapult, which was first introduced in Return of the Fly.
- As the Turtles and Casey Jones discover Shredder, Leonardo speaks in Raphael's voice.
- The shot of Leonardo saying "There's only one thing to do, Donatello, let him have it!" followed by Donatello holding the water spray was frozen.
- When Raphael said there's too much violence in today's workplace, his mouth didn't move.
- When Eaphael said "nice work Leonado, you really showed those guys", his moutn didn't sync up.
- When Leonardo pries open the briefcase, his katana blade is too short, and then disappears altogether.