In her true Yōkai form, Big Mama is a huge individual, She has four black spider legs to walk and two sets of arms with pale orange nails on each hand; two small teal arms with two claws and two large black arms with four claws.
Big Mama also has a large dark purple body, seafoam green hair (with lighter shades as highlights), six red eyes, jagged teeth and a long teal face. She also wears a large magenta jabot to support a gold trimmed red jewel, which is an amulet that allows her to transform into a human form.
Big Mama's human form is that of a petite, curvaceous woman with dark pink skin, silver hair, black eyes with thick eyelashes and purple eye-shadow, and red lips. Her hair is styled in a updo with part of her side bangs covering some of her face.
Big Mama wears a pair of specks with crystal blue lens and long dark purple tailcoat with seafoam green fur trim (to resemble her hair in her true form). Underneath the coat, she has a magenta dress with frilly sleeves and her jabot to support her amulet, and purple high-heeled boots that got up to her thighs.
Big Mama is, upon first impression, extremely friendly and cheerful, even towards her enemies. She is also prone to making up cheerful nonsense words. She is very excitable, as evidenced by her obvious delight in her plans to add mutants to her Battle Nexus.
Despite her cheerful persona, Big Mama is a deceitful and conniving person, easily charming the Turtles into bringing her the Oozesquitos.
Powers and abilities
- Form shift: Big Mama and her minions are able to change between their yōkai form and a human form using a sort of magic jewel.
- Mutant/yōkai spider physiology: Big Mama has demonstrated enhanced durability, mobility, speed, dexterity, and strength during battle.
- Web shot: Big Mama is capable of shooting webs from her mouth.
|This article or section is incomplete. Some information regarding this topic has not been added. Please help TurtlePedia by finishing this article.|
- "Well! You've turned my hotel into quite the fizzywinkle!"
- "You have done your part, so I will do mine."
- "Shadow Fiend? Is that you?"
- Baron Draxum: Not much is known about her relationship with Baron Draxum, but they do not seem to be on good terms with each other. Evidence of this includes Big Mama stealing his Oozesquitoes and attempting to use them for her own purposes. However, she allows Draxum to ship the Kuroi Yōroi on her train despite their past disagreements.
- Raphael: Raph easily accepted Big Mama's help claiming she was nice despite her true form and chastises Leo. His attitude changes once she tricks them and openly admitted that Leo was right.
- Donatello: Donnie was quick to accept Big Mama's help when she played off his intellectual ego only to deceive him and his brothers later after catching the Oozequitoes.
- Leonardo: Out of all the Turtles, Leo was the first to suspect Big Mama's motives when she offered her assistance in catching the Oozesquitoes. This is proven when she deceives his brothers and sends Gus on Leo after he ditched the others. He also proves that Big Mama knew Baron Draxum.
- Michelangelo: Michelangelo tags along with Raphael and Donatello to accept Big Mama's help and hand her the Oozesquitos. But after they are deceived by Big Mama, his attitude towards her changes.
- Lou Jitsu/Splinter: Little interaction is shown. They battled against each other in the demolition derby with Splinter, Donnie, and Mikey defeating her and reign victorious. It is later revealed they were once romantically involved. Splinter in the past, did not know her true nature and once proposed to her. When he did, she forced him to fight in the Battle Nexus.The two do still carry some feelings towards one another, but also see each other as enemies now.
- Bullhop: Stanley used to work for her before his mutation. When he assisted the Turtles in trying to get the keys to the vault, Though she apparently forgot his transformation and did not recognize him when he crashed a party. Big Mama was intrigued by him (refers to him as "Cutey-Noodle) and requested a dance. She found herself easily charmed by his dance skills until she discovers his alliance with the Turtles. He manages to trick Big Mama into handing over her web goo before escaping. It is possible she may still have some feelings for Bullhop when she clutches the shoe he left behind.
- Shredder: Shredder was imprisoned by Big Mama before being turned into Shadow Fiend as Big Mama's new champion because she wanted new champion after leo and lou jitsu/spinter left from battle nexus. Shredder was completely under Big Mama's influence due to her mystic ring but was lost and obtained by Foot Recruit.
- Big Mama's design is based on the Jorōgumo (Japanese: 絡新婦, "woman-spider").
- She is the most powerful mob boss in the Hidden City.
- Big Mama is quite a skillful dancer as shown in "Bullhop" and "Many Unhappy Returns".
- Based on her interactions with Bullhop and Splinter, as well as her love for it, she likely has a thing for dancers.
- A running gag with Big Mama is that she tends to pepper her speech with gibberish.
- As of the Season 2 premiere "Many Unhappy Returns", Big Mama now has possession of the Kuroi Yōroi armor.
- As seen in "Turtle-dega Nights: The Ballad of Rat Man" and "Insane in the Mama Train", Big Mama also operates a demolition derby (only on Fridays) and a train station.
- She also operates an auction house as seen in "The Hidden City Job".