|“Battle Nexus: New York”|
|Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles episode|
|Original airdate||July 17, 2020|
|Written by||Dale Malinowski|
|Supervising Producer||Alan Wan|
|Directed by||Kevin Molina-Ortiz|
|Voice Direction||Rob Paulsen|
|Storyboard Artist:||Max Collins|
"Battle Nexus: New York" is the twentieth episode of the second season (Episode 11) of Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and is the sixty-sixth episode overall in the series. It first aired on July 17th, 2020.
Big Mama turns New York City into her new Battle Nexus arena and the TMNT have to fight to save everyone they love.
- April O'Neil (Kat Graham)
- Baron Draxum (Roger Craig Smith)
- Big Mama (Lena Headey)
- Donatello (Josh Brener)
- Foot Clan
- Leonardo (Ben Schwartz)
- Michelangelo (Brandon Mychal Smith)
- Raphael (Omar Benson Miller)
- Splinter (Eric Bauza)
- Amphisbaena (debut)
- Carl Sando (Jason Mantzoukas)
- Cortex (Eugene Byrd) (debut)
- Ghostbear (Jorge Gutiérrez)
- Hypno-Potamus (Rhys Darby)
- Meat Sweats (Johnny Rotten)
- Sloppy Joseph
- Sprite (Zelda Williams) (debut)
- Todd Capybara (Thurop Van Orman)
- Troll (debut)
Additional Voices by Dave Boat
The episode starts with turtles, Splinter, Draxum and April on a family trip on the tour of New York, Draxum says they must be hurry, because he left Sloppy Joseph in the kitchen.
Suddenly, the cloud gets darker and takes all New York citizens with it, not knowing what happened...
The Turtles are shocked of seeing their city so empty, then they hear a woman laughing from distance, which turtles realize it is from Big Mama, who turns New York City into Battle Nexus and traps all people in the mystical orb. In there it is a cruise. Right before they can do anything blue colored waves started taking them away.
Turtles are with their enemies on handcuffs, must fight off bestest from bestest. Like:
- Raph is along with Ghostbear, much to his joy. They must fight the most aggressive yōkai named Troll. Raphael tries to remember our ghostbear that he did it on his last move, Hibernator. But both of them, ended up being flung off the bridge and into the water below. Only their masks floated up to the surface, much to the horror of his brothers, father and friends.
- Leo is along with one of Sando brothers, Carl must make jokes from the fairy named Sprite, who is unenthusiastic. She merged with Statue of Liberty. She still doesn't laugh, but they realize that they can only make her laugh, by injuring themselves, they ended up winning.
- Mikey is along with his favourite chef, Rupert Swaggart, must feed the Amphisbaena, two-headed snake yōkai who wants to eat food. Meat Sweats throws Food at him, while Mikey must make inspirational food, but he forgets while Rupert helps him out with pepper, both of snakes ate each other. Both mutants won.
- Last of all, Donnie is with Mezmer-Ron, must beat Cortex,the most intelligent yōkai at chest, but due to Mezmer-Ron doesn't know the rules, Donnie does it, but to his dismay, he is turned into figures. Suddenly, this takes too long, and Cortex, is stressed out tells him to pick the figure while he pounds his fists on table in annoyance, irritation and frustration. Both ended up winning as Cortex slams his head on table in defeat.
Meanwhile, Draxum suddenly realizes that they are in the orb, He tried to tell the others that they are in the orb but the never listen. He then shows them their powers to reveal everything. Using a ladder April and the others escape.
Returning to the center, the three turtles are reunited at last, but they are heartbroken over Raph's demise. Big Mama congratulates them and she announces that she is still keeping New York for herself. But suddenly, Raph appears before them! He defends his brothers from Big Mama as April, Draxum, Splinter and Recruit are freed. Now way outnumbered, Big Mama calls the Shadow Fiend to fight them. He begins to chase Draxum, who has and tries to decipher the orb containing the people of New York. Eventually, they make it to the top of Big Mama's tower, but the others have arrived and combine their powers to defeat him. Big Mama is about to use her ring to control him again, but to her shock...the ring is gone!
The Foot Recruit then reveals the ring in her grasp and tells them that there is no Shadow Fiend. As the cloak blows away, the ominous figure is revealed to be the one and only... Shredder. The Foot recruit orders him to attack the heroes as Splinter orders Leo to open the portal to escape. The demon proves to be to fast as destroys their powers and begins to crush Raph and Donnie. Thinking fast, our old rodent master uses Leo's odachi to open the portal, allowing them to escape. As all by one disappear, Splinter is the last one to vanish through the portal. The rodent ninja asks the spider yōkai woman to come with them, because he knows that there is something good inside of her. Touched, Big Mama attempts to come with them. However it was too late, as Shredder cuts her exit.
Recruit rides on the Shredder, declares that the Foot Clan rises again, as the episode ends.
- Shadow Fiend is revealed to be the Shredder.
- The mystical orb reappears in this episode, the first time it appears in Insane in the Mama Train.