In the second season, Draxum found himself deposed from the Foot Clan, and became a wanted fugitive in the Hidden City. He was thereafter forced to live and work above ground. Michelangelo accepted him as a second father and helped him get back on his feet, corralling Splinter and the other Turtles into lending a hand in a process. Draxum still dislikes humans, but now tolerates them, and has become an ally and a family member to the Turtles.
Baron Draxum is a large muscular feline humanoid with maroon skin, deep turquoise arms, maroon hair and bright orange eyes. He also has dark teal faun-like legs with teal cloven hooves. His minions, Huginn and Muninn often sit on both of his shoulders.
Draxum previously wore a bright blue facial mask with gold horns protruding from either side, dark teal gloves with gold trim over his large and jagged forearms (becoming purple gauntlets when in battle). He also wore a very dark teal top covering his neck with a blue-green overlay, a blue belt with a unique design and gold trimming, a teal waist trail and a long blue-green loincloth.
Draxum's mask has since been destroyed, and his outfits in general have become simpler and more functional since settling into a more peaceful life in the human world, including a blue kimono and tying part of his hair up similar to Splinter.
Draxum is surly yokai who despises humans and incompetence. He is sensitive about his mutants and ooze, and he considers the most perfect mutations to be the Turtles themselves. Despite his claims of being a protector of mutant kind, he does not hesitate to destroy those who stand in the way of his plans to take over the surface world of New York, including his own creations.
In the episode The Evil League of Mutants, Baron's two minions Huginn and Muninn claim that Baron is only misunderstood, having a caring and passionate side to him as well, while he still hated the humans Michelangelo is the only one who sees good in him that was shown in Repairin' the Baron.
Baron Draxum is a mutated warrior and alchemist from a Hidden City beneath the streets of New York, who desires to bring humanity under his control by mutation. Approximately thirteen years before the events of the series, he came across a Battle Nexus champion named Lou Jitsu and decided to mutate an army of animals using the human's DNA. This led to the creation of the Turtles, but Lou Jitsu destroyed the laboratory and all of Draxum's work.
Thirteen years later, Draxum was able to produce more of the mutagenic ooze and now intended to mutate humans using his Oozesquitoes. However, his plans were interrupted by the Ninja Turtles and their friend April O'Neil, who fought Draxum and his minions and destroyed his laboratory.
Despite the destruction of his laboratory, Draxum survived and later clashed with Big Mama and the Turtles over the Oozesquitoes in "Bug Busters." Having been thwarted again and angered by his creations' continuing defiance, he created The Evil League of Mutants (consisting of Meat Sweats, Hypno-Potamus, Repo Mantis, Warren Stone, and the Sando Brothers). During a battle with the Turtles, Draxum revealed his past association with Lou Jitsu, but was drawn through a portal and found himself with the Foot Clan.
Having a common enemy in the Turtles, Draxum formed an alliance with the Foot Clan, agreeing to complete the Kuroi Yōroi. Draxum believed that he would be given the armor when it was complete. This brought him into conflict with the Turtles once again, and also with Splinter, who revealed himself to be Lou Jitsu. He eventually became frustrated with his lack of progress in the Foot Clan, and after engineering a triumph for himself, he took control of it.
Draxum reappeared after capturing the turtles and April when they arrive at the first car of the train, stating that he will never have to look at them again. He then fought Splinter, demanding him to release his sons, which Draxum refuses unless Slinter gives him the final piece of the Dark Armour. This had forced Splinter to do so by using Leo’s sword and grab the piece from the portal he created. Just as the turtles arrive, Draxum added the last piece to the armour, donning with the it so that he can be unstoppable.
However, he was defeated when April hit a baseball into the Jupiter Jim action figure, which was stuck at the back of the helmet, causing him to lose the armour and his life force.
Following losing the armor, Draxum was left on the streets alone, destitute, and almost completely depowered. Michelangelo found him and set him up with the apartment above April's, trying to get Draxum to become a good person. Raphael and April found out about his residence and objected to it, but after a dinner with them, Donatello, Leonardo, Splinter, and watching Draxum perform his first act of selflessness in saving some humans, they began to accept him. Still feeling he needed to channel his anger in a creative outlet, he was given a job at April's high school as a cafeteria cook.
While the Turtles and April watch a game with the New York Daves (who have been transformed into demons), Donnie calls Draxum to inform the group about the Arch of Aquinnah and how to reverse its effects.
Powers, Skills, and Abilities
- Enhanced physical strength:
- Enhanced speed:
- Enhanced stamina:
- Enhanced agility:
- Enhanced durability:
- Enhanced endurance:
- Enhanced reflexes:
- Vine manipulation:
- Portal creation:
- Genius-level intellect:
- Alchemical proficiency:
- Biological knowledge:
- Donatello: By the episode "Air Turtle", Donnie trusts Draxum enough to seek his counsel after Leo's foolhardy dabbling into mystic power transforms the members of a failing basketball team into demons.
- Leonardo: Draxum scolds Leo in "Air Turtle" for using dangerous mystic magic, having unceremoniously summoned demons into the world. Draxum, with his vast knowledge on all things mystic, then instructs Leo and the other Turtles on how to fix the problem.
- Michelangelo: Mikey considers Draxum his second father, and has been helping Draxum get back on his feet since his exile from the Hidden City.
- Raphael: Raph also fully accepts Draxum as part of the TMNT family, saying as much as he and the rest of the Turtles, Splinter, and April combine their power to save Draxum from Shredder in "Battle Nexus: New York".
- Huginn and Muninn: Draxum's former minions. As seen in "Goyles, Goyles, Goyles", although they're now "seeking new employment" so to speak, they both still remember their time serving their ex-boss very fondly.
- April O'Neil: Baron Draxum and April were enemies throughout Season 1 before becoming allies in early Season 2. As of the episode "Repairin' the Baron", Draxum became her upstairs neighbor and got a job at her school as their head cafeteria chef. April was quite dubious about this development at first, but she has since warmed up to him.
- Hamato Yoshi / Lou Jitsu / Splinter: Draxum intended to use Lou Jitsu's DNA to create an army of mutants, but Lou Jitsu escaped and destroyed his lab. He seemingly respects (if not admires) Lou Jitsu's fighting abilities and physical prowess. However, they both possessed a mutual hatred for one another. Since Michelangelo started aiding Draxum, Draxum and Splinter have been under an uneasy détente. Draxum has even since apologized for what he did to Splinter, and seems to want to be a part of the Turtles' lives. The next time Draxum joins the TMNT on a family outing in "Battle Nexus: New York", Splinter doesn't protest -- he even saves Draxum's life later on in the episode.
- Big Mama: Big Mama sought to use Draxum's Oozesquitoes to create fighters for her arena, much to his annoyance. Not much is known about their relationship, other than that it seems to be largely adversarial in nature. In "Battle Nexus: New York" Draxum aids the TMNT in their fight against Big Mama and her forces, attempting to free the citizens of New York from the same mystic artifact that he had ironically given to her during their past brief alliance.
- The Foot Clan: Draxum allied with the Foot Clan to rebuild the Kuroi Yōroi and defeat the Turtles. It is later revealed they were just using and betrayed him to empower the Shredder.
- Mayhem: Mayhem was sent by the Yōkai Council to keep an eye on Baron Draxum. At some point, he steals a vial from Draxum.
- "You're...Beautiful." - "Mystic Mayhem"
- "You fight like untrained buffoons! But under me, you could become true warriors!" - "Mystic Mayhem"
- "[The Oozesquitoes] are meant for much more than your silly Battle Nexus" - "Bug Busters"
- "Pure insanity..." - "How to Make Enemies and Bend People to Your Will"
- "Buffoons! They will not stop the humans, I will do it myself. Starting...Today!” - "End Game"
- "Humans! An ancient prophecy speaks of a greater threat to my people and their way of life. And that threat is YOU. So without further ado, prepare for mass destruction!" - "End Game"
- "Quiet! You remember this place, don't you? It's where I turned you into what you are today- a lowly lab rat; where I tried to create an army to protect the youkai. But now I realize, the true threat to my people mentioned in the prophecy was... YOU!" - "Anatawa Hitorijanai"
- Draxum is the second villain to be the primary antagonist of a TMNT television series instead of the Shredder.
- Baron Draxum (Rise of the TMNT)/Gallery
- Baron Draxum (Rise of the TMNT)/Animations
- Baron Draxum (Rise of the TMNT)/Appearances