|This article or section is incomplete. Some information regarding this topic has not been added. Please help TurtlePedia by finishing this article.|
Baron Draxum is the main villain of the first season of the Rise of the TMNT series. He has been described as an "alchemist warrior mutant from the Hidden City" and "the self-proclaimed protector of all mutant-kind", and his ambition is to mutate all humans with his insect-like creatures called Oozesquitoes. He became the leader of the Foot Clan in the episode "How to Make Enemies and Bend People to Your Will" until his life force was drained by the Shredder's armor.
Baron Draxum is a large muscular figure with maroon skin, deep turquoise arms, maroon hair and bright orange eyes. He also has dark teal faun-like legs with teal cloven hooves. His minions, Huginn and Muninn often sit on both of his shoulders.
Draxum wears a bright blue facial mask with gold horns protruding from either side, dark teal gloves with gold trim over his large and jagged forearms (becoming purple gauntlets when in battle). He also wears a very dark teal top covering his neck with a blue-green overlay, a blue belt with a unique design and gold trimming, a teal waist trail and a long blue-green loincloth.
Draxum is a madman that believes that his kind deserves to flourish while humanity goes extinct, with what he considers the most perfect mutations being the Ninja Turtles themselves. Despite his claims of being a protector of mutant kind, he does not hesitate to destroy those who stand in the way of his plans to take over the surface world of New York, including his own creations.
In the episode "The Evil League of Mutants", Baron's two minions Huginn and Muninn claim that Baron is only misunderstood, having a caring and passionate side to him as well.
Baron Draxum is a mutated warrior and alchemist from a Hidden City beneath the streets of New York, who desires to bring humanity under his control by mutation. Approximately thirteen years before the events of the series, he came across a Battle Nexus champion named Lou Jitsu and decided to mutate an army of animals using the human's DNA. This led to the creation of the Turtles, but Lou Jitsu destroyed the laboratory and all of Draxum's work.
Thirteen years later, Draxum was able to produce more of the mutagenic ooze and now intended to mutate humans using his Oozesquitoes. However, his plans were interrupted by the Ninja Turtles and their friend April O'Neil, who fought Draxum and his minions and destroyed his laboratory.
Despite the destruction of his laboratory, Draxum survived and later clashed with Big Mama and the Turtles over the Oozesquitoes in "Bug Busters." Having been thwarted again and angered by his creations' continuing defiance, he created The Evil League of Mutants (consisting of Meat Sweats, Hypno-Potamus, Repo Mantis, Warren Stone, and the Sando Brothers). During a battle with the Turtles, Draxum revealed his past association with Lou Jitsu, but was drawn through a portal and found himself with the Foot Clan.
Having a common enemy in the Turtles, Draxum formed an alliance with the Foot Clan, agreeing to complete the Kuroi Yōroi. Draxum believed that he would be given the armor when it was complete. This brought him into conflict with the Turtles once again, and also with Splinter, who revealed himself to be Lou Jitsu. He eventually became frustrated with his lack of progress in the Foot Clan, and after engineering a triumph for himself, he took control of it.
Draxum reappeared after capturing the turtles and April when they arrive at the first car of the train, stating that he will never have to look at them again. He then fought Splinter, demanding him to release his sons, which Draxum refuses unless Slinter gives him the final piece of the Dark Armour. This had forced Splinter to do so by using Leo’s sword and grab the piece from the portal he created. Just as the turtles arrive, Draxum added the last piece to the armour, donning with the it so that he can be unstoppable.
However, he was defeated when April hit a baseball into the Jupiter Jim action figure, which was stuck at the back of the helmet, causing him to lose the armour and his life force.
An alchemist warrior mutant from the Hidden City, Baron Draxum is the self-proclaimed protector of all mutant-kind. He plans to mutate all of humanity with his insect-like Oozesquitoes.
Powers, Skills, and Abilities
- Enhanced Physical Strength
- Enhanced Speed
- Enhanced Stamina
- Enhanced Agility
- Enhanced Durability
- Enhanced Endurance
- Enhanced Reflexes
- Vine Manipulation
- Portal Creation
- Genius-Level Intellect
- Alchemical Proficiency
- Biological Knowledge
- Splinter: Draxum intended to use Lou Jitsu's DNA to create an army of mutants, but Jitsu escaped and destroyed his lab. He seemingly respects (if not admires) Lou Jitsu's fighting abilities and physical prowess. However, they both possess a mutual hatred for one another.
- April O'Neil:
- Mayhem: Mayhem was sent by the Yōkai Council to keep an eye on Baron Draxum. At some point, he steals a vial from Draxum.
- Big Mama: Big Mama sought to use Draxum's Oozesquitoes to create fighters for her arena, much to his annoyance. Not much is known about their relationship, other than that it seems to be largely adversarial in nature.
- The Foot Clan: Draxum allied with the Foot Clan to rebuild the Kuroi Yōroi and defeat the Turtles. It is later revealed they were just using and betrayed him to empower the Shredder.
- "You're...Beautiful." - Mystic Mayhem
- "You fight like untrained buffoons! But under me, you could become true warriors!" - Mystic Mayhem
- "The Oozesquitoes are meant for much more than your silly Battle Nexus" - Bug Busters
- "Pure insanity..." - How to Make Enemies and Bend People to Your Will
- "Buffoons! They will not stop the humans, I will do it myself. Starting...Today!” - End Game
- "Humans! An ancient prophecy speaks of a greater threat to my people and their way of life. And that threat is YOU. So without further ado, prepare for mass destruction!" - End Game
- Draxum is the second villain to be the primary antagonist of a TMNT television series instead of the Shredder.