|“Attack of the Mega Shredder!”|
|Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2012 TV Series) episode|
|Original airdate||August 16, 2015|
|Written by||Gavin Hignight|
|Directed by||Alan Wan|
|Voice Direction||Andrea Romano|
|Supervising Director||Ciro Nieli|
"Attack of the Mega Shredder!" is the twenty-first episode of the third season ofthe 2012 TV series, and is the seventy-third episode overall in the series. It first aired on August 16th, 2015.
Leonardo decides to sneak into Shredder's lair alone, and winds up facing the biggest mutant threat yet.
- April O'Neil (Mae Whitman)
- Bebop (J.B. Smoove)
- Casey Jones (Josh Peck)
- Donatello (Rob Paulsen)
- Leonardo (Seth Green)
- Mega Shredder (Kevin Michael Richardson) (debut) (death)
- Michelangelo (Greg Cipes)
- Raphael (Sean Astin)
- Rocksteady (Fred Tatasciore)
- Tiger Claw (Eric Bauza)
- Brain Worms
- Crognard The Barbarian
- Homeless Guy (Eric Bauza)
- Joan Grody (Kari Wahlgren)
- Shredder (Kevin Michael Richardson)
- Splinter (Hoon Lee)
In Stockman's lab at the Foot HQ, the Shredder watches over Karai as she endures multiple Mind-Worm injections, before "apologizing" for his actions, then assuring her that they will have their revenge before long. Bebop and Rocksteady then enter, having been summoned by the Shredder. The Shredder orders them to double security measures, sensing that the Turtles will soon make another move against them. As per usual, Bebop and Rocksteady are threatened to be punished should they not thwart the Turtles.
At the lair Mikey is watching Crognard (yet another episode that has to do with the storyline) before looking into Donnie's lab where Leo and Raph argue over how to infiltrate Shredder's lair and Donnie introduces the Mark X1 Experimental Alternative Urban Stealth Vehicle, which looks exactly like a dumpster. Donnie says that it's supposed to blend in with all the trash in the city. The other mutant turtles have doubts about it, but Donnie reassures them. They take it out and decide to ride it to Shredder's lair. When they arrive they use the weapons to take down the Foot Bots outside and managed to get inside. They managed to get as far into the catacombs but are stopped by Bebop and Rocksteady, Tiger Claw and the Shredder Mutants, and after a brief battle, the turtles retreat. Tiger Claw angrily berates the boneheaded mutants for their failure. Shredder soon comes in demanding an explanation, Rocksteady and Tiger Claw tells him Shredder says that if they fail he punish all of them. At the lair Raph suffers a sprained ankle and wants to try again but Splinter says no and Raph must heal first before going out. Leo then makes a statement he will go to Shredder's lair alone. He goes in his Stealth outfit from Vision Quest, Mikey notices him leaving and follows. While stalking Shredder's lair, Mikey sneaks up behind him and gags him until he lets go nearly making the blue masked turtle loose his balance. Mikey wants to join him but Leo is hesitant until Mikey protest saying that he snuck up on Leo before he even noticed. Leo decides to let him join.
While narrowly avoiding a sleepy Fishface and Rahzar, they managed to make their way to Stockman-Fly's lab. Leo successfully captures a mind worm, but unfortunately, Bebop and Rocksteady finds them and captures them. The mutants decide to mutate the turtle bros. At the lair Casey arrives but April tells them that Leo and Mikey are gone, Raph wants to find them but Splinter objects demanding to know where they are. At Stockman's lab Leo and Mikey are dangling from a cage; the pig and rhino mutants intend to mutate them into a 2-headed mutant turtle which greatly upsets Mikey. But Leo decides to stall and tells them to add the Shredder Mutants to the mix and the mutants fall for it with a big consequence. Leo and Mikey managed to bust out just in time when the 3 mutants fused into a Mega Shredder.
The Mega Shredder begins destroying everything in site which is watched from the turtles tv Splinter tells them to go. Donnie get an idea that they can Stop Mega Shredder without Raph moving. Leo and Mikey managed to buy time but Mikey was eaten much to Leo's fury, Leo tried to save his young brother but failed and almost got eaten himself. In a nick of time The Turtle Mech shows up. Inside the Mega Shredder Mikey luckily managed to land near the stomach acid but a worm mutant (probably the sardines Bebop threw into the mutagen) the battle make Mikey loose his balance and is caught by the worm. Outside Mega Shredder almost eats the turtle mech until the engulf the mouth and tongue with fire. Inside Mikey managed to break the worms grip and hold on to his kusarigama chain. Donnie learns from watching the mutant blow his human tongue out that the tongue is the brain. Leo subdues the tongue but it makes it worse the tongue Grabs Leo and Turtle Mech Grabs him by the ankle. As all hope is Lost Mikey managed to break out of the mutant and cuts the human part of the tongue making the Mega Shredder run on instinct until the mech launches a final explosive into the mouth destroying it.
At the Foot Clan's lair, the Shredder is furious with Bebop and Rocksteady for their foolish actions and instructs Tiger Claw to teach them a "lesson in pain." Bebop and Rocksteady start to run as Tiger Claw pounces towards them.
- The episode's title is a reference to the manga and anime series Attack on Titan.
- The dorsal plates on Mega Shredder's back carry an identical resemblance to Godzilla's. The music playing during Mega Shredder's appearance are also very similar to the original Godzilla's soundtrack.
- Mega Shredder's brain is located on his tongue, which is in the form of a young Oroku Saki, proving Stockman used Saki's DNA to create the Shredder Mutants.
- The Mega Shredder fighting the Turtle Mech is a reference to the classic Giant Robot Vs. Giant Monster theme commonly used mostly in Japanese TV series, anime and western cartoons, and kaiju films.
- Mega Shredder has a green face with yellow eyes resembling the moon from "The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask".
- In the Mega Shredder street fight scenes, the surrounding buildings appear to have much lower polygon-counts than the building facades used in most episodes' street scenes. The entire fronts portions of the buildings appear as completely flat surfaces with the mortar, doors and windows as one continuous flat texture.
- Mega Shredder is the first mutant to be made from other mutants.
- There was a reference to Laurel and Hardy when Rocksteady said "Look at this mess you got us into" (paraphrasing after episode ended) to Bebop.