|Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles episode|
|Original airdate||April 24, 2020|
|Written by||Jesse Gordon|
|Directed by||Sebastian Montes|
|Voice Direction||Rob Paulsen|
|Storyboard Artist:||Sheldon Vella|
|This article or section is incomplete. Some information regarding this topic has not been added. Please help TurtlePedia by finishing this article.|
"Air Turtle" is the eighth episode of the second season (Episode 5A) of Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and the fifty-fourth episode of the series overall. It first aired on April 24th, 2020.
Leo gets his dream job as mascot of the local professional basketball team.
- April O'Neil (Kat Graham)
- Arch of Aquinnah (Eric Bauza) (debut)
- The Daves (debut)
- Daves Player #1 (Jack Rossi) (debut)
- Daves Player #2 (debut)
- Daves Player #3 (debut)
- Daves Player #4 (debut)
- Daves Player #5 (debut)
- Donatello (Josh Brener)
- Leonardo (Ben Schwartz)
- Michelangelo (Brandon Mychal Smith)
- Raphael (Omar Benson Miller)
- Tim Dunkman (Allen Maldonado) (debut)
- Announcer (Oliver Vaquer) (debut)
- Baron Draxum (Roger Craig Smith)
- Dave (Jack Rossi) (debut)
- The Knights (debut)
- Knights Player #1 (Roger Craig Smith) (debut)
- Knights Player #2 (debut)
- Knights Player #3 (debut)
- Knights Player #4 (debut)
- Knights Player #5 (debut)
- Player #1 (Brandon Mychal Smith) (debut)
- Referee (Eric Bauza) (debut)
The Turtles are playing basketball at a basketball court. After winning a match against Raph and Mikey, Leo begins doing the victory dance much to Mikey's chagrin. The three brothers left as Leo continues his victory dance. Only to be stopped by the basketball who was thrown into the net. Leo turns to see Tim Dunkman who was clapping behind him. When asked why he's here, Tim states he needs someone for the New York Daves. Leo thought he was going to play with the Daves. But Tim wants Leo to be a mascot which he happily accepts.
At the basketball stadium, Leo is wearing a Daves mascot costume and begins performing and cheering for the New York Daves. However, the players are terrible and they have lost the games. Leo apologizes to Tim but Tim states that he needs to do something about this. Leo takes out a rock which supposedly gives him good luck. He advice Tim to change his luck mojo no matter what it takes. This gives Tim an idea as to how they can win the game. In the locker room, Tim is having a conversation with the Daves players. He decides that they should use the arch that he had recently purchased in order to change their luck around.
April, Mikey, Raph and Donnie are sitting in the stands while Leo is preparing to do his dance for the Daves. The announcer starts to call out the teams. First was the the Knights who appear on one side. When the Daves arrived, the players walk under the arch. Causing them to become weak. However, when the game starts, the Daves players began to act weird and they were scoring points left and right as Leo cheers for the team.
- Leo: You all are just jealous that once I joined the Daves, they went from losers, to Leos, which means winners.
- Donnie: Ah yes, so in this case, a battle of Bas-kei-ball.
- Raph: Donnie, I know you know how to say it. We’re all onto you.
- Leo: I’ve been a- hughugh. I’ve been a bad- huegh. I’ve been a bad- hueugh! I’m gonna say it. I’ve been a bad waouwaghwahwrough! Brrroughbrrwahbrwrahraugh! Braugh-brouthugh! Brrouhthugh. I’ve been a bad brother!
- Tim: It’s on, former employee I looked at like a surrogate son.
- Leo: Just because I became a team player doesn’t mean Donnie is magically good at Basketball.
- The episode title is a nod to Disney's Air Bud film franchise.
- The premise of this episode is referenced on the movie, Space Jam.